TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can people post some pics of the way they have their exhaust exiting,im gonna be getting some work done and wanted to do something different was thinking about a single pipe out the back in a really clean way any pics would be great thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
can people post some pics of the way they have their exhaust exiting,im gonna be getting some work done and wanted to do something different was thinking about a single pipe out the back in a really clean way any pics would be great thanks for any input
most of us cut it off round bout the rear axle... for more blingin stuff try serachin custom tacos...

·
Registered
718 Posts
a buddy of mine had his done this way, i liked it and thought it was a great way to get the exhaust out and still protect it at the same time. once i get sliders it should be protected from all major rocks and other large objects. i have it running over the frame just behind the cab.

guy installing it thought i was nuts, until it was finished and he liked it. only thing that it can heat up exiting that way is the tire, but tires wear out over time anyway. so im not concerned.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Side exit is better.

Rear exit exhaust gets sucked into the box, and eventually into the cab if you have a sliding rear window. It's also not so good for wheeling as it can get crushed back there. If you want to bling things up go for a dual side exit kit with a couple of nice tips.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have mine chopped just after the rear axle, works good and isnt in the way of anything.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
a buddy of mine had his done this way, i liked it and thought it was a great way to get the exhaust out and still protect it at the same time. once i get sliders it should be protected from all major rocks and other large objects. i have it running over the frame just behind the cab.

guy installing it thought i was nuts, until it was finished and he liked it. only thing that it can heat up exiting that way is the tire, but tires wear out over time anyway. so im not concerned.
when the hell did you do that EN! I like it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you put a y pipe after a stock muffler and have a duel exit on each side will that change the sound.I don't want to change the sound i just want the look.And i know people don't like duels so take it easy on me i think it looks good if its done right.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
That's what I have with a Magnaflow....

I have the rear window open a lot, never smell any gas...
did you purchase the whole exhaust kit and just chop off the kit and rear exit?

·
Registered
718 Posts
when the hell did you do that EN! I like it
dude i told you that i installed an exhaust a long time ago! where have you been?

·
Registered
394 Posts
this was a quick fix to the pipe banging against my new packs.... i had every intention of getting a new exhaust and new muffler plumed in, but i think i'll just leave it - it's functional and costs 0$.
that's what I have done for now, figured it was best after the stock end went from round to oval one day after a off roading trip :saw:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts