TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright here is the deal, I just got my christmas present from my family. They got me a Warn 9.5XP Winch and ordered an Expedition One front bumper 6 weeks ago (FUCK YEA!!!!). Well apparently the guy over at expedition one has been giving my Dad a different answer every time he has called him AND he promised the bumper to be shipped and here by December the 1st. Now they have given me the gifts but also handed the burden of getting my bumper here to me because they are just frustrated with the whole ordeal. So now my question for ya'll is What do i do to get my front bumper from them? How do ya'll suggest I proceed, and at what point do i say fuck it and retract my order and give All-Pro, Warn, or Demello a call?

(Damn they went overkill on the winch and I love it!!!)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, Honestly I don't even like the way the exp one looks BUT it is the one my family liked and they made a joint decision and I will gladly put it on my truck JUST because it would make them happy. My favorite is Jason's (and he knows this cause i sent him like ten emails asking him about availability) but now i have to think about fitting this 9.5xp winch in something too....

·
Registered
758 Posts
valkyrie said:
Fuck it all. Pressing the issue with a newcomer rarely works out well.

If you want one of those types of bumper, give Jason a call- he is good people with a bulletproof product who knows how to take care of his customer.

He is also a great sponsor of TTORA.
Jason also has a few bumpers in-stock right now. Call him!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I wish Ol' JayC and Ekool hadn't of banned my work network's IP address or I would go lurk over there on the old "Blue Room" because i don't remember anyone ACTUALLY having an Expedition One front bumper....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Aggie, your a lucky bastard! :D

I have been kinda going through the same thing. I first talked to Expedition 1 the first of October. Fab Four shortly after that, and I mean just a few days.

Early November from both of them I was told. Then they said Mid December. Well it's past Mid December. I finially said Fuck it and orderd an ARB from Toyota of Dallas. I wanted something different to start with, but I am tired of waiting.
The ARB will be a good bumper for what I need it for and that's front end protection. And it looks good too.

The thing that pissed me off the most was a lack of communication from both companies. Production delays happen, but I should not have to sit here and keep calling, only to hear of another delay.

James and RJ were good people to talk to about their product. But the time came were I said fuck it. I guess when you know it's time, you just know.

My winch (Warn M8000) has been sitting in a box in the garage since latter Sept, with nothing to stick it in. The time came to find it a home.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It definately looks badass, but I am just trying to figure out what to do. I guess I will just give James at Expedition One a call tomorrow and make him bust his ass to build me a damn bumper.

If he jacks me around I will be calling Jason or Warn.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You lucky bastard!! That's a helluva gift man...I thought my rents went all out when they told me that they got me a GPS for the FJ...The expo 1 bumper is tight...I was going between that and the Demello, but it came down to price for me and the Demello was more bang for my buck...I love this damn bumper!! Looking to get a winch next month for my b-day as I keep dropping hints to the rents that I "need" one...I'd say give expo 1 till the end of the month too deliver...If not, call up Jay and order one from him and you'll have it in a week...Not to highjack this thread, but today I recieved two new goodies today for the FJ...I received my Bandi Mount and my Inchwormgear e-locker guard!! Sorry, I had to tell someone!! Regardless of what bumper you go with, you'll be extremely happy...I love it when the old geezer's try to pull out in front of me in the parking lot and they have the big ass demello logo starin' them in their eyes!! :saw:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dom said:
You lucky bastard!! That's a helluva gift man...I thought my rents went all out when they told me that they got me a GPS for the FJ...The expo 1 bumper is tight...I was going between that and the Demello, but it came down to price for me and the Demello was more bang for my buck...I love this damn bumper!! Looking to get a winch next month for my b-day as I keep dropping hints to the rents that I "need" one...I'd say give expo 1 till the end of the month too deliver...If not, call up Jay and order one from him and you'll have it in a week...Not to highjack this thread, but today I recieved two new goodies today for the FJ...I received my Bandi Mount and my Inchwormgear e-locker guard!! Sorry, I had to tell someone!! Regardless of what bumper you go with, you'll be extremely happy...I love it when the old geezer's try to pull out in front of me in the parking lot and they have the big ass demello logo starin' them in their eyes!! :saw:
Badass! My only concern with the Demello is will I be able to squeeze this damn 9.5xp in there...? The Demello is kind of tight from my understanding and I just don't want to waste the fact that mis padres spent more on the damn WINCH than they did on a bumper!

How do you like that e-locker guard? I have been looking into those and skids btw man-a-fre, budbuilt, and allpro....

Yikes so much shit so little money...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Aggie I'm thinkin abot the exp 1 or the fab four if you get the bumper let me know how you like it

1 - 20 of 46 Posts