TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a deck in the bed of my taco to store crap under and to sleep on top of. Anyone else in CO done anything similar? pics? I pretty much completed the frame today and hope to get a good ways into the decking tomorrow. It will have 3 hinged lids to access the stuff underneath (recovery gear, CO2 tank, Chains, Shovels, ropes, etc.) as well as a large opening at the back to (QUICKLY!) access my firefighting gear. And then I'm going to use marine grade carpet on the top. The frame is built out of 1x12 pine. Seems to have turned out pretty well! I'll get some pics tomorrow if I remember!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I took my inspiration from bajataco... I've been looking at his site for almost 5 years now! I want to know if any locals are as crazy as me! I am NO carpenter!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have a DEWALT biscuit joiner ....does that make me a carpenter? LOL...Have you seen that guy Steve's folding bed that comes down from the roof of his cap? It's a video of it...but its SICK!

**edit**

That water pump system he has that automatically pumps water to the back of the cap is sweet too....that definitely inspires me.

I like the fan idea that one guy has too ....lots of ideas....but I'll need a cap to get into all that stuff ...LOL..

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The folding bed thing is interesting... but I like to be able to see what's BEHIND me sometimes! lol
I think with my canback it's going to be a pretty slick, lightweight setup. I just hope I can make it look as good in real life as it does in my head (I've had issues before on projects! lol) Plus not having a garage or shop doesn't help! All my cuts have been made with a circular saw with a dull blade and my sawhorses are 2 bar stools.. which I was lucky enough not to cut! WOOHOO!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I saw a tv commercial recently about a woodshop in colorado that lets you come in and do work there ...I'll write down the site next time I see it....they have tools and everything you can use....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vic stuff said:
looks nice, ive been brewin up somethin similar to that for my runner, back lift up for cargo, recovery gear, etc and front would hold my subs and mids and amp
Yeah, that would be awesome! and a secure way to mount stereo shit out of sight!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MuddButt said:
Sick man ....that is awesome....let me know when you're done ...I wanna check it out on a trail run...
Thanks! I am pretty proud of it. Hopefully carpeting tomorrow goes well!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, carpet went like ass.
got it all glued in and started cutting the openings... cut wrong. FUCK.
So I pulled it all out (this was after a trip to denver to buy it). Glue all over. doors hardly open. I took it to an upholstry shop. They're gonna do it tomorrow. fuck.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All done! Just picked it up from the upholstry shop and I am really glad I decided to let the pros do it! It looks 100 times better than what I could have ever done.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Firetacoma said:
All done! Just picked it up from the upholstry shop and I am really glad I decided to let the pros do it! It looks 100 times better than what I could have ever done.
sweet, post up some pics i would love to see how it turned out, btw if you don't mind me askin, how much did it cost ya lettin a "pro" do it, lol

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll get some pics tomorrow when it's light... the carpet was like 300 :eek:

But I think it was worth it... total cost was about 450...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Firetacoma said:
I'll get some pics tomorrow when it's light... the carpet was like 300 :eek:

But I think it was worth it... total cost was about 450...
holy fuckballs batman! well at least it was done good and right for ya!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts