TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly needs a new 5.71 r/p for her front axle. Wondering if cryogenically treating them is worth it, or "they're 5.71's, they're gonna break, don't put any more $$$ into it than necessary".

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
Molly needs a new 5.71 r/p for her front axle. Wondering if cryogenically treating them is worth it, or "they're 5.71's, they're gonna break, don't put any more $$$ into it than necessary".
contact CaptKirkyota for that ;)
he swears by them.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you know - were you breaking untreated 4.88's?

I'm a metallurgist - I understand that it SHOULD make them stronger. Wondering if that plays out to a real difference in real life!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I think quality gears and the install are the most important factors but go ahead and have them cyroed then let ZUK set them up, and you (or she) will be good to go. :D Then 100,000 miles later be sure and let us know how it went. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
How do you know - were you breaking untreated 4.88's?

I'm a metallurgist - I understand that it SHOULD make them stronger. Wondering if that plays out to a real difference in real life!
I broke untreated 4.88's. They lasted about a year and a half before they went out. I had the same people install my cryoed 4.88's and so far so good! I still have half a year before I reach a year and a half on them though :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Brain
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing