·
Registered
37 Posts
nice rig! what kind of runs are you gearing it up for? i.e range, terrain, etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Sempertoy!!

First - thank you for serving!! Stay safe out there!! Second - cograts on being newly wed and last - I share your desire. I am oufitting my truck to further my photography - getting to some easy places and as kind of a hobby in itself. I really have no desire to xtreme anything - but like being off road!! Keep posting & let's hit a level two trail sometime!!!

Tim
www.flickr.com/netdep

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
assuming you're not running HIDs in the interior(talk about a fire hazard!) i'm guessing you're running LEDs. is it a custom setup or did you just buy LED bulbs and replace the halogens?
I know this is years later, but yeah they are LEDs. I guess I got a little excited.:eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
oh shit, with all the opinions flying around i did not even realize this was the pic thread!
so i guess i will start to get us back on track with some expo truck pictures.

might not be exactly what we are looking for, but closer than all the bickering. SO, lets see some more expo toyota! any land cruiser? now there is a good platform to start from.
Oh the things I could do with a goverment's military budget! (j/k) good pics though.:D

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Why the change if you don't mind? All of this expo tech is realatively new territory for me. Man I can't wait to get my 02 together!!
It was due to the CBI tire carrier bumper, if I had only the bumper, the Alcan-8s would be able to handle he extra weight. I explain it all on my Garage Build... Check my sig and click the link.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's a few updates of my Tacoma since my last post.

Put together these boxes to store a bunch of tools/parts etc and leave the bed open for two layer storage.

New tires since I posted last. 33x10.50 KM2s

Also picked up a Snugtop XTR a while back. Sure is nice for keeping gear dry in the bed.

Finished up bumpers from the last time I posted too. Homemade rear bumper and Trail Gear Low Profile with light bar in the front.

Front

Rear

Most recent camping trip.

My absolute favorite Taco here.. Great job Boxrocket.. Any details on your bed rack would be awesome. All I have's a little Lincoln MIG welder so any helpul advice would be appreciated..

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
All I have's a little Lincoln MIG welder so any helpul advice would be appreciated..
Those little lincolns rock. I've built many rigs with my lincoln 110v welder. When properly used, they're more than enough, especially for bed racks and stuff. I've done 2 sas with mine, and it's been plenty strong.

x2 on box rockets rig being amazing. I got passed by him on the way to moab once and I couldn't stop drooling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those little lincolns rock. I've built many rigs with my lincoln 110v welder. When properly used, they're more than enough, especially for bed racks and stuff. I've done 2 sas with mine, and it's been plenty strong.

x2 on box rockets rig being amazing. I got passed by him on the way to moab once and I couldn't stop drooling.
Just got mine so still a bit green. but man is playing with that thing fun..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah, that Taco is SWEET! Very well done, and not too gawty... A perfect example in my opinion. I was looking at a little Lincoln 110 welder, and have had mixed reviews (unsolicited advice) from people telling me they don't have enough juice. I really don't want to get a 220, and would prefer something to learn on. I like what I'm hearing!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I was looking at a little Lincoln 110 welder, and have had mixed reviews (unsolicited advice) from people telling me they don't have enough juice. I really don't want to get a 220, and would prefer something to learn on. I like what I'm hearing!

If you know what you're doing and you're a good welder, it'll be just fine. I can weld 1/4" on mine. Just make sure you get the best 110v they make ($450-550), not the absolute cheapest 110 welder. Here are a few rigs I've built with mine.

before(ish):

after:

before:

after:

before:

after:

before:

after:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm certainly not good... it would be a learning experience first!

Nice rigs tho...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Short trip through abandoned town in colorado

·
Registered
257 Posts
New expo/chase rack! Used it a couple of weeks ago on a run, man did it help!

·
Registered
662 Posts
^Nice Rig!

·
Registered
915 Posts
My Pile. I'm too busy DRIVING it to have nearly as much time to lay under it and take pictures of it as most of you guys do....:wiggle:

j/k :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
exploration

love these trucks so much thinking involved in every build... i am in the progress of a long travel/ exploration runner what do you guys consider the most important things to carry with

241 - 260 of 288 Posts