TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if anyone makes a 1/2 spacers for an 01 V6 pre-runner? also what length and where to pick up some extended studs? thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Don't know about the studs, but Jegs sells .5" spacers
Jegs Wheel Spacers

New wheels with with less backspacing :2cents:

·
Registered
363 Posts
4wd_mofo;also what length and where to pick up some extended studs? thanks![/QUOTE said:
I just installed a set of 1/2" spacers yesterday which included the installation of longer studs.

I bought the studs @ NAPA, part #: 641-4208. They were a PITA to get in. Took about an hour for each side.

What tire size/wheel backspacing are you running?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know about the studs, but Jegs sells .5" spacers
Jegs Wheel Spacers

New wheels with with less backspacing :2cents:
yea, situation is i just sold some 16x8 4"BS and there was a 1/4 spacer on the front i didn't know about. Just bought the truck 4 weeks ago. thru on some stock 5-star 16x7's with 4.5BS, with 285/75R16's they rubbed bad on the UCA's, so i put the spacers back on. I'm worried the lugs aren't safe on there with the spacer, but i have not choice this minute. i got like 6-7 full turns at least when installing the lugs, tq'ed down to about 98ft. im wondering if i should just get .5" longer studs in the front and run a .5" spacer...

here's your :2cents: back :D

I just installed a set of 1/2" spacers yesterday which included the installation of longer studs.

I bought the studs @ NAPA, part #: 641-4208. They were a PITA to get in. Took about an hour for each side.

What tire size/wheel backspacing are you running?
how do you install them? physically knock out the old ones and just hammer the new ones in from behind? stock 5-stars with 285/75/R16's.

·
Registered
363 Posts
how do you install them? physically knock out the old ones and just hammer the new ones in from behind? stock 5-stars with 285/75/R16's.[/QUOTE]

The stock (6 lug) studs were easy to lighty punch out.
The install was tough... needed to eliminate the dust cover altogether for the way I installed them. If you have access to a portable hydraulic press or something similar, the dust cover would not be an issue.

I lightly hit them with a small sledge to get them started into the original gnurl pattern, then used an impact with a lug nut to pull them in while lightly tapping the backside of the lug... takes 2 people.

I too have 285-75-16's, TC uca's and stock wheels w/ 4.5" BS. After I installed the 1/2" spacers, I do slightly rub.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/QUOTE]The stock (6 lug) studs were easy to lighty punch out.
The install was tough... needed to eliminate the dust cover altogether for the way I installed them. If you have access to a portable hydraulic press or something similar, the dust cover would not be an issue.

I lightly hit them with a small sledge to get them started into the original gnurl pattern, then used an impact with a lug nut to pull them in while lightly tapping the backside of the lug... takes 2 people.

I too have 285-75-16's, TC uca's and stock wheels w/ 4.5" BS. After I installed the 1/2" spacers, I do slightly rub.[/QUOTE]

hmm, i thought you just tap them in with a hammer and use an impact to tighten the lugs. im wondering if i should pay a tire shop to do it, or someone with experience so i don't jack anything up. Still rubs with 1/2 spacers? Mine now only rub when im full clock turned, and only slightly rubbing. I would assume with another 1/4 spacer making mine 1/2 total, shouldn't rub at all.

Im starting to think ahead towards the summer. Got my 6" TM lift going in in a few months, soon as i can save enough $ to get a new rear set up and 4.56-4.88 gears. Im running these 285's for just a short while till i source some nice slightly used 265/75R16's, maybe nitto's or toyo's A/T's (ran both, love them more than BFG's) as im stock 4.1 gearing and can't afford the 315/75R16's i want to run till later.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The stock (6 lug) studs were easy to lighty punch out.

I too have 285-75-16's, TC uca's and stock wheels w/ 4.5" BS. After I installed the 1/2" spacers, I do slightly rub.[/QUOTE]

hmm, i thought you just tap them in with a hammer and use an impact to tighten the lugs. im wondering if i should pay a tire shop to do it, or someone with experience so i don't jack anything up. Still rubs with 1/2 spacers? Mine now only rub when im full clock turned, and only slightly rubbing. I would assume with another 1/4 spacer making mine 1/2 total, shouldn't rub at all.

Im starting to think ahead towards the summer. Got my 6" TM lift going in in a few months, soon as i can save enough $ to get a new rear set up and 4.56-4.88 gears. Im running these 285's for just a short while till i source some nice slightly used 265/75R16's, maybe nitto's or toyo's A/T's (ran both, love them more than BFG's) as im stock 4.1 gearing and can't afford the 315/75R16's i want to run till later.[/QUOTE]

Like you, I slightly rub when I full lock turn.

If you want to go with 4:88's, I do have an extra 8.4 3rd w/ ARB air locker for sale. PM me.

I installed the 285's and needed to re-gear to 5:29's so I went with a completely new locker.
After reading quite a bit of info here, it was determined that my 2.7 4 banger would not have enough power to pull the 285's with the auto trans... they were right.

Later

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/QUOTE]

Like you, I slightly rub when I full lock turn.

If you want to go with 4:88's, I do have an extra 8.4 3rd w/ ARB air locker for sale. PM me.

I installed the 285's and needed to re-gear to 5:29's so I went with a completely new locker.
After reading quite a bit of info here, it was determined that my 2.7 4 banger would not have enough power to pull the 285's with the auto trans... they were right.

Later[/QUOTE]

Well, i have a stock TRD locker in the rear with the stock gears, i guess i could by the parts off you to make mind 4.88's with my stock locker?? im not too sure on what's compatible for a stock locker with aftermarket gearing pieces.

"keep the change ya filthy pilgrim" :D
lol. we need to go wheeling locally, i'll show you what my 4x2 can do! and later you can show me what it cant do with your 4x4:rolleyes:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
lol. we need to go wheeling locally, i'll show you what my 4x2 can do! and later you can show me what it cant do with your 4x4:rolleyes:
I'm still working at getting muh innards settled in :eek:

But maybe I could do some lite 2wd fun
you'd have to roll yer butt out to Hemet...
and we could tag up into the San Jacinto's Mtns
I'll guess the Hemet heep club trail, up 'dere, might test yer 2wd skillz ;)

you might be able to make it. :dunno:

it's only about a half day's run...
so you'd be home before dark ;)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still working at getting muh innards settled in :eek:

But maybe I could do some lite 2wd fun
you'd have to roll yer butt out to Hemet...
and we could tag up into the San Jacinto's Mtns
I'll guess the Hemet heep club trail, up 'dere, might test yer 2wd skillz ;)

you might be able to make it. :dunno:

it's only about a half day's run...
so you'd be home before dark ;)
screw that, half day? im too old for wheeling all day :p. yea, i think with the new 265/75R16's i got last night (A/T's) and my stock locker, the 4x2 should be able to handle some trails. But i wana get my rear shocks replaced, air up my c/o's with nitrogen, and install the deaver mini 3 pack before she hits the dirt/mud. hemet, thats where old people move to when they retire, or people who can't afford a nice house live :eek:.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
hemet, thats where old people move to when they retire, or people who can't afford a nice house live :eek:.
dat's true on all accounts...

besides... who wants to live next to a bunch of homosexuals
that pay several hundred thousand...
just to live in a box.

I got a garage, some tools... and that's all I need ;)

Now stop being a pussy and get yer city dwelling ass on a trail :flipoff4:

oh that's right... you can't afford to...
'cause yer house payment rapes you :neener:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dat's true on all accounts...

besides... who wants to live next to a bunch of homosexuals
that pay several hundred thousand...
just to live in a box.

I got a garage, some tools... and that's all I need ;)

Now stop being a pussy and get yer city dwelling ass on a trail :flipoff4:

oh that's right... you can't afford to...
'cause yer house payment rapes you :neener:
HAHA, house payment? im a broke ass college kid (28 lol) living at home rent free with all my toys, bike, truck, maybe soon another sports car :D. I got a pretty easy job that pays sh!t, but im finishing school in may, and looking to find a better job so i can move out and finish my damn truck already.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
yeah... get a job :p

then maybe, you can afford to get 4wd :neener:

"But Wait!" you'll have to buy yer own food, pay for your box, utilities
hell... you'll prolly still be broke :D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah... get a job :p

then maybe, you can afford to get 4wd :neener:

"But Wait!" you'll have to buy yer own food, pay for your box, utilities
hell... you'll prolly still be broke :D
meh, i sold my 99 4x4 to get better mpg's outa this 4x2 trd V6 because i couldn't take the 17.5 average i was getting. im at about 19.5mpg rolling on 285/75R16's now. just about to throw on my recently purchased 265/75/R16's and see if i can pull 21 average finally.

Eh, i already buy my own food ect. I just want to finish school and land a decent job then move out to my friends house and rent a room so i don't have a big house payment.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Bring'n 'dis one back ttt

Sooo...
I came to realize what I didn't know much about these Tacoma lug bolts.

Googled that they are 40 mm in length...
can I assume they're the same front and rear ?

But the odd thing is...
they're not equal in thread length off the hub surface(s) (front - rear)

I guess the difference of hub thickness is what controls that ?

Anyhow... the rear wheel lug bolts have near 5 - 6 mm more thread bite,
then do the fronts

Was I the only one that didn't realize that ? :eek:

I guess all these years I've always used closed end lug nuts...
and never wondered if the thread count was equal front - rear. :shiner:

But now... this makes me want to install longer lug bolts on the front.

'bout 6 mm longer...
wonder whom makes a 12 X 1.5 lug bolt that much longer ?

Maybe 'dat 4wd_mofo did some homework on 'dis crap...
and has 'de answer for me ? ! :D

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sooo...

The fsm shows that they are 108 mm in length...
and I'll assume they're the same front and rear ?

But the odd thing is...

then do the fronts

'bout 6 mm longer...

You can get after market lugs with the right size base from summit or jegs but they are pretty long. I bought a set and trimmed them with a angle grinder / cutting wheel. They are sold as racing studs for a Lexus.
l'll dig up a part #

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
You can get after market lugs with the right size base from summit or jegs but they are pretty long.
They are sold as racing studs for a Lexus.
l'll dig up a part #
How much longer ? :shiner: :dunno:

~ lazy, waitin' for a part # ~ :p

I bought a set and trimmed them with a angle grinder / cutting wheel.
Did you chase the threads out
or what trick to ensure the nuts thread well ?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sooo...

The fsm shows that they are 108 mm in length...
and I'll assume they're the same front and rear ?

But the odd thing is...

then do the fronts

'bout 6 mm longer...

Me do homework? HA! thats a good one. I currently have some aftermarket chrome lugs, they barely slide on due to the size of them and the spacer on my truck right now with stock 5-star wheels. Been driving it hard (on-road) and the lugs aren't getting loose at all up front so i think im safe. Im wondering, would i be able to throw a 1/4 spacer in the rear or am I going to loose too much threading when i try it...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts