TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody found a good external speaker for your Cobra all-in-one 75 WXST?
Looking for ideas..Looking for one that's not too large, but will sound pretty good. TIA...

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
TacoCrazy said:
Looking for ideas..Looking for one that's not too large, but will sound pretty good. TIA...
I bought mine a while ago but never put it in. It's a High GEar, Cobra brand, S300. I didn't think it would be as large as it is but it's pretty big since it's got a 4" speaker in it. It's got a mounting bar on it and has a headphone jack on it if you're into that kind stuff. I didn't really nkow what I was getting but it will be good just need to find a spot to mount it. Was actually just thinking of throwing it under the seat.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well in my Std cab with all the other goods in it, I have just about run out of room to mount stuff..If I could fine something right I'd like to have a one at the top of the windshield post..Probably hear it pretty well??

·
Registered
301 Posts
TacoCrazy said:
Well in my Std cab with all the other goods in it, I have just about run out of room to mount stuff..If I could fine something right I'd like to have a one at the top of the windshield post..Probably hear it pretty well??
In my old '91 reg cab I bungeed (criss-cross pattern) a speaker (about a 6"x6"x2" speaker box) on the back of the seat using the metal wire frame for attachment points. Worked great and at half volume it was plenty loud.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
TacoCrazy said:
I got the smaller one that Radio shack sells for $20.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=19-318
It works great and is plenty loud. I popped the Radio Shack label off with a small screw driver. Mine is mounted on the "hanger hook" right behind the driver using a couple zip ties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts