TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put two ammo cans in the bed of my truck to carry tow straps and stuff that might be too dirty to put behind your seats. No drilling at all. I used those big drain holes found in the bed of doublecabs. I used a bolt, some large washers, and a wing nut to attach the ammo cans. In case you ever have to take them out in a hurry, you just take everything out and take off the wing nut and there you go. Of course they are not theft proof, but I don't put anything in there I can't replace. Great for the trail.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea. It was written on the side I believe, but I painted them. They are not that big, but thats what I wanted...so no one can really see them from just walking around.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
tacoma0309 said:
I put two ammo cans in the bed of my truck to carry tow straps and stuff that might be too dirty to put behind your seats. No drilling at all. I used those big drain holes found in the bed of doublecabs. I used a bolt, some large washers, and a wing nut to attach the ammo cans. In case you ever have to take them out in a hurry, you just take everything out and take off the wing nut and there you go. Of course they are not theft proof, but I don't put anything in there I can't replace. Great for the trail.

Hey, man, what part of TN are you from? We've got a couple runs coming up in January (Tellico the weekend of the 15th and Livingston the next weekend). You should come out and meet some people :D

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Just use some 50 cal cans, they work pretty good. Since I have an Extra cab I have an cannon shell box in the back, holds all sorts-o-stuff.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
tacoma0309 said:
I'm from Clarksville.
We've got a couple members up there. One of the GA guys was stationed there until a couple weeks ago. They had a ride at Turkey Bay around that time. You should check out the TN board and introduce yourself, or better yet show up at a run and meet some people face to face :)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
tenntaco said:
He'd be okay. He can follow you on the easy trails :xsmokin1:
You are on a roll
:rofl: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
ATLRoach said:
Hey Shane, come over and check out the TN chapper board at www.tn-ttora.com

Daniel: Is your poon ass even going?
I'm pretty sure. I'm just waiting to see where I have to be next month. If I'm off, I'm going. If I'm playing in Asheville, NC, I'll bring my truck and drive down for the day on Saturday. If not, I'm either going to wheel the weekend before, or go to Livingston the weekend after. I'll know for sure this week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
mel22b
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing