TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you members bought the 3" lift kit that hank of extreme truck toys sells on e-bay. The feedback on it seems to be excellent. I called him this morning and he explained that he designed this kit and it was better than rev tek. The price is only 169.00 + 20.00 shipping. It comes with a pro comp add a leaf for the back, and a 1" differential drop kit. Just want to see what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
sounds sketchie...

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey i got my front top mount spacers from a guy off ebay. I love it, the guy had a bunch of reviews and a bunch of pics of trucks. The company was called ez lift systems. Go through him. If you havent gotten your stuff.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have any of you members bought the 3" lift kit that hank of extreme truck toys sells on e-bay. The feedback on it seems to be excellent. I called him this morning and he explained that he designed this kit and it was better than rev tek. The price is only 169.00 + 20.00 shipping. It comes with a pro comp add a leaf for the back, and a 1" differential drop kit. Just want to see what you guys think.
Can you provide a link?

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Spacers are spacers: plastic is worse than metal, top loaders are worse than preloaders, despite what dipshits spout about their "luck" of cramming shit in their suspension.

The pitfalls of spacers are well documented. Had you taken the time to search you would know that, but it sounds like you want someone to tell you what you want to hear.

Enjoy the mall.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
The people with experience and knowledge think it's a shitty lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys sound like a bunch of haters. I ask a simple question and you act like Hank banged your girlfriend. His kit looks like the same design as revtek and all our local Toyota dealers go with that. The link to his site is www.extremetrucktoys.com and from the looks of it there seem to be a lot of happy customers.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Go ahead and believe what you want, but they are not the same as any other kits out there.

Those are ABOVE THE COIL spacers. Toytec, Revtek and even Donahoe use a combination of IN THE COIL and above the coil spacers, but mostly in the coil. Why?

Above the coil pushes the whole fucking assembly down. It pushes your starting point. So you are moving your downtravel limit along with it.

The shock was your bumpstop, now your ball joints and cv's are the bumpstop. They were not designed to do this. So go on and hit a bump and have your shit fail.

Other companies like Toytec, use a in the coil spacer. It preloads the suspension, so it does not move down your bumpstop along with it...

Those people are happy because they are just as blind and hardheaded as you.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
his next thread will read "my trucks making a funny noise and i have grease everywere...why"

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
It seems he doesn't care, he just wants someone to tell him that what he has decided to do is great...
You guys sound like a bunch of haters. I ask a simple question and you act like Hank banged your girlfriend. His kit looks like the same design as revtek and all our local Toyota dealers go with that. The link to his site is www.extremetrucktoys.com and from the looks of it there seem to be a lot of happy customers.
I knew I was right. :D

Spacers suck, and your Toyota dealer has no fucking clue, nor are they concerned... they just want to make a poser look to rip heads off up front.

Go ahead noob, ask me how I know... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
So Valkyrie...
What lift would you recommend to be able to fit 33 x 12.50's BFG's on Outlaw II's? Can't afford and, not sure I want, a TM, TC or Fabtech 6". Looking at Donahoes / SAW's / Camburg's / TC UCA's / Bilstein HD. Not sure on what to do for the rear? Probably a Deaver pack (not sure which?) or possibly an AAL (again, not sure what size to match the front?).

Ride quality is very important as this is my daily driver.

Not trying to thread jack here... Hopefully it will help out the OP.

Btw - 1998 Taco/ Ext Cab/ 4wd... freakin' bone stock!

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Budy lift and a good coilover?

·
Banned
966 Posts
someone needs to get Eibach to make a spring long enough to preload enough to yield a 3" lift in 500# or 550# to swap out the OEM spring.

my WE's work ok, a tad harsh cranked all the way up though....

·
Registered
668 Posts
there seem to be a lot of happy customers.
i have yet to see a truck on a trail wheeling with top load spacers... as for the OP, a question was asked and opinions were given... just as you are influenced by a bunch of happy customers, you gotta learn to live with those on the opposite end of the spectrum...

bottom line, its your money, your rig... just like those happy customer feedbacks are trying to sway you to get that lift, the same compassion from the folks here is trying to sway you to a better option...

:2cents:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
i bought my truck with a similar lift and now i need to buy uca w/uniballs to prevent any more damage before i purchase my ext hoes... if i were doing anything besides the ext hoes i would have taken the lift off and installed another one

just to note in about 3 months of wheeling, nothing too "extreme", a lil airm prolly a footm some woops and crawling... the typical stuff and in that time i now have an good inch of play in the tire when i take the load off the ball joint......

so now instead of doing it right the first time you now have to install new balljoints!!!

take my personal experiance to heart and listen to these guys... do the proper preload spacer and you will be much more satisfied in the long run

and coilovers never hurt nothing :D well maybe the wallet, but since i wheel.... its always being abused :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
O.K., what do you think of using a 2" spacer to level the truck out. I have decided against the 3" lift after all. At 2" does it still affect the overall ball joints and other parts. My understanding is that under 2" you don't need a differential drop either, just an alignment. How does this Truxx kit work. sorry if I came on a little strong about things. You guys have a great day.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts