TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may have seen, I have just recently finished my build. I am currently running the deaver F55 pack, but it sits way too low with my fuel cell and spares. I am in need of some F67's. If you wanna trade, let me know. Or if you are interested in buying brand new F55's for cheap let me know. I am in debt from this build and wont be able to just buy new leafs for a while. That is why i ask. thanks guys.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Damn man that sucks. I know with two spares and NO fuel cell. My F67 pack gives me 4'' of lift in the rear. Glad I didn't go with the F55 pack. Good luck though!

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Your best bet would be to sell them. I love the F67's I think they're perfect, and even with the 12.5" my rear still sits lower than the front (1.5"), good luck!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Your best bet would be to sell them. I love the F67's I think they're perfect, and even with the 12.5" my rear still sits lower than the front (1.5"), good luck!
You're running 9" shackles right?

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Sí. That's why it sits low, once I get my custom shackles on there it should sit about level :D it's in the final stages but I'm keeping it all hush hush you know...they'll be 11" shackles

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
yeah I got the 9's and ORW wouldnt let me return them but i called up TC and they gave me a set of 12's for the 9's...i was stoked.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Take some preload out of your coilovers... I like setups as low as possible,, or are they unloaded as far as they'll go? I'm sure you though of this already, so why am I posting, idk, bored.. lunch:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Take some preload out of your coilovers... I like setups as low as possible,, or are they unloaded as far as they'll go? I'm sure you though of this already, so why am I posting, idk, bored.. lunch:rolleyes:
I'm assuming you're talking to me...there's only 1" of preload in my springs actually the front sits relatively low. The rear sits almost stock it's ridiculous. Yeah I kinda already knew that...but...yeah thanks for the heads up I guess LOL. Once the rear is all fixed up I'm sure I'll be lifting the front a little bit for my new tires :D :woot:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking to me...
Was posting advice for TRDtacoma1985, looks like he's got some decent preload up front from his lower arm angle in the pic, or maybe he has something like a 600 lb coil with very little preload, it looks to me like they could be set a little lower to level it out. Is tire clearance an issue on 1st gen tacomas with long travel that they need to be set at a higher ride height?

Oh yeah, bed cage looks awesome, nice job

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Was posting advice for TRDtacoma1985, looks like he's got some decent preload up front from his lower arm angle in the pic, or maybe he has something like a 600 lb coil with very little preload, it looks to me like they could be set a little lower to level it out. Is tire clearance an issue on 1st gen tacomas with long travel that they need to be set at a higher ride height?

Oh yeah, bed cage looks awesome, nice job
Fabien, the only problem with removing preload to match the rear is on a rear leaf spring truck with the frame you want as much uptravel as you can get without getting to high... so i would say a split 9up,9down would be best bet... anything less and your asking to have your ass kicked all over in the rough stuff.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I was out with him today, and yes he wants more uptravel. Like a couple guys said, moving that shackle mount back might help by getting the shackle more vertical, but its a damn shame to cut that mount off.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have F67's and a 9'' Shackle through frame. 4'' of rear lift. Wonderful travel up and down. Front has 600lb coil with a few in' of preload.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think im gonna wait til i can afford some 67's, cus it would suck ass to cut off those shackle mounts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When you get thos 67's let me know i live in show low and would drive down to buy those off you. i really wanted F67s but it could be awhile befor i could go all out on the rear w/cell

1 - 15 of 15 Posts