TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a deal pending on unknown as yet years ford trucks.
they have d44's, coils with radius arms.
are these suitable for sas?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Make sure the axle tubes aren't pressed into the radius arm supports. You want one that has the axle tubes all the way through

Here's a link to help what to look for: http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/web_rs44.html

And here's a pic of a d44 from a ford with the axle tubes going straight throught the supports.

F150 D44 HP

Check out Tedd's(TMS2U) site at www.teddnet.com. He used a 76.5 F150 D44 HP for his build-up.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Don't tell me you're gonna finally do it, Dale. Maybe with your driving style you should just start right out with 60's.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
No, no the 40's will just negate the D60's in Dales case. Maybe D60's and 31's or 33's max would stand a chance of surviving his right foot treatment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Idealy you'd want to get a 77 or older from a half ton truck. There is one exception and that would be the 78 or so extended cab front end because it was a leaf spring setup. If you are going to use the radius arm style mount I wouldn't have a problem running a 78/79 axle housing from a bronco or f150 but they aren't as strong as the earlier models. If I remember correctly the 76 and 77 came with disc brakes and welded radius arm mounts to make it easier to identify.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts