TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have been working on some design ideas for my T Case skid plate. It's going to be a custom job since I have moved the exhaust out of the way and I have Slee Sliders which present a bolt on issue for a new cross member. I am looking for a fab shop that is somewhat familiar with what I want to create and can also work with Aluminum(explanation on that to come later). It's a pretty straight forward design but I just cannot seem to find any shops in my area. I could go up to Addicted but since the truck will have some down time that drive is no bueno back and forth. High country is the closest Off Road Shop but as I recall their rates were quite high unless something has changed in the last year.

Anyone know of a good local shop in this part of town that could do this? It doesn't even need to be a shop if you know someone that is good a fabbing out of their garage.

Any and all input is welcome!:)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Never had him do any work, but what I've seen has been good, and he's a good guy to wheel with. Not sure what area you are looking at in particular; this is golden

http://www.rmb4x4.com/

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I'm fairly good with aluminum if it's a small thing. If it's very big at all I may have trouble sneaking it into the shop at school, and then having to explain how its for an educational purpose... But if it would take less than an hour and it's fairly easy to carry, I can easily get some time on the TIG when nobody is there. Let me know...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips guys. I will give them a shot.

Kyle - Actually the Aluminum will be the flat bottom plate piece of the skid plate. Everything else will be steel. The idea is to create tabs on the cross members that I can bolt the aluminum plate onto with recessed head alans or star bolts. It's hard to explain and I do not have any good design software to draw it up and show you guys. Thanks for the offer though.

I also need to get the materials for it lined out.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Is the aluminum chunk for a sacrifical piece? Replacable when too damaged? Sounds interesting...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hanksville Hot Rods might take it on, although they mostly do high end mandrel bent exhaust and race car cages. Santa Fe just south of 470. Tell Hank I sent you, might get a minor hookup.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Asha I will talk to them as well.

Wakkjobb - I was thinking more along the lines of weight and heat dissipation in that area with the way the exhaust was moved as well. But my hopes are too keep it a flat piece maybe a bit thicker and keep it smooth with the recessed heads as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts