TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was thinking about getting a bumper, my truck is a dd just want a light weight better clearance bumper. I really cant seeing spending all kinds of cash for a bumper. I wanna do my own but have no clue how or who to ask. Any suggestions or ideas. Ive called some shops around here and quoting 5$400-$700 i can buy online for that much. Im in college therefore dont have a welder, tube bender, etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
What ideas do you have? Give me a call I can do a few things. Ronnie 505-918-7048

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry guys finals, anyway im looking for a light weight sharp bumper, the tube ones are cool but i dont like how you see the radiator and everthing else, the other full metals ones look super heavy. So im open to ideas and or suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
Get pictures of what you like and we can go from there. Ive got all the equipment to get the job done. But you goota remember its the material that takes a huge chunk of the price. Steel just keeps getting more expensive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bro has been wanting one for his 4runner for a while and he sketched up one. This one i really would want, but dont know how plausible that one is to make, material cost, weight, and complexity.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea thats what im thinking. I dont even know where to buy a sheet of metal but saw prices online and freaked out. I might just being unrealistic and most likely have to save up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
vegaskurt the guy who made that bumper spent: "I bought (2) 1/4 sheets of the thinner guage and a 3' by 20" piece of scrap 3/16.

I spent about $110 on steel and I still have a lot of large odd sized shapes still laying around in my garage. I think I spent close to $30 on cut off and flap discs."

So I guess its possible to make it pretty cheap but I still have no idea where to get steel here. And the skill part is still needed. But conceivably under $300

But the 4x innovations tube bumper for the tacoma looks pretty sick too. Scuba's looks good not white with a smaller hoop.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
see what i mean. i think average labor rates are around $75. This guy called me today and said he could build me a tube bumper similiar to the one i want for $200 material included. Only problem said he doesnt have a tube bender he said he can make same angles but not bending them. any concerns?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a tube bender and can build any 1.75" tube bumper if you order the winch plate. That is usually the easiest and looks the best. I just put an add here, check it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts