TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I just recently ordered the fabtech 6inch kit for my truck and on 4wheelonline.com they didnt ask for engine specificatons but when i recieved the kit I didnt get everything and the packing slip said 4cyl, i have a 6cyl. I checked on a couple other sites and they said that the kit could be ordered engine specific and it was more for the 4cyl. does anyone know if the there is a diffrence in the kits and if so what, i dont want to go to install and relize things dont fit.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
01blkext said:
ok I just recently ordered the fabtech 6inch kit for my truck and on 4wheelonline.com they didnt ask for engine specificatons but when i recieved the kit I didnt get everything and the packing slip said 4cyl, i have a 6cyl. I checked on a couple other sites and they said that the kit could be ordered engine specific and it was more for the 4cyl. does anyone know if the there is a diffrence in the kits and if so what, i dont want to go to install and relize things dont fit.
I seem to remember somebody saying the front crossmember is different for each engine. I think it had to do with clearance for the oil pan or something.

Edit: Found a thread on the old board about it...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/tacomaterritory/messages?msg=110398

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
01blkext said:
It is the crossmember and a power steering line. If you got the 4 cyl kit, you will be fine because it fits the V6 just you do not use the power steering line.

·
Registered
221 Posts
A little off topic, but does this apply to the TM kit also. I have a 4cyl and have only seen a 6 cyl kit.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
Critt50 said:
A little off topic, but does this apply to the TM kit also. I have a 4cyl and have only seen a 6 cyl kit.
Nope just the fabtech kit. Trailmaster says V6 only but it works on both 4 and 6 cyl

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so The front crossmember that comes with the 4 cyl will work on the 6 cyl.? So should i have the kit sent back and have them send me the correct one or does it not really make a diffrence?

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
01blkext said:
so The front crossmember that comes with the 4 cyl will work on the 6 cyl.? So should i have the kit sent back and have them send me the correct one or does it not really make a diffrence?
Let's try this one more time...

ptrautne said:
If you got the 4 cyl kit, you will be fine because it fits the V6 just you do not use the power steering line.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lets try this, actually i checked with Fabtech and they recomended that i send the kit back and get the 6cyl kit because the front crossmember is diffrent.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Critt50 said:
hmm? have spoke with you yet?

check my location :D

what color is your truck? is it black? if so i think i know who you are :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
4x4Dragon
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing