TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the deal,
I would like to get a fabtech 6" lift for my taco, and a 3.0" cornfed spacer in the front. For the back however, I'm somewhat confused. I was leaning towards a Fabtech or ProComp AAL in the back, the fabtech is 2" and the procomp is 2.5". How much higher approx. is the back than the front on a stock taco? Basically, would a 2" or a 2.5" level it out better? Also, if I were to get that 9" of lift, what sized tires would you reccomend with that? I'm leaning towards some 35s, but what would be the biggest size I could fit on there? - Mabye I should add a 3" body lift to that to allow for some bigger tires? Sorry for the questions, I'm still a newb, and to make things simpler, I've listed all my questions in number format below.

1.) What AAL would level out the back better, a 2.5" or a 2"?
2.) Whats the biggest size tire that will comfortably fit on a 9" lift (6" FabT, 3" Spacers)
3.) Whats the biggest size tire that will confortable fit on a 12" lift (6" Fab, 3" Spacer, 3" Body)?

Thanks again,
Brendan

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm geting dizzy thinking about a 9" lift for a newbie. Or, for that matter, for anyone. Try to start with the fabtech 6" kit. Spend the dough to regear the truck, and add a leafpack from deaver or alcan with about 3-5" of lift. See what you can do. It'll draw looks, which is what you're after. Trust me.... Go much more than that, and we'll ALL look at you. With a bewildered look on our face at that.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
if you want to go that big, and you plan on using your truck, you might as well just SAS it. IFS wont last long on that much lift and that much tire. custom leaves by alcan would be your best bet for the rear to get rid of the blocks

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think the biggest spacer you can go with is 2" when added to the fabtech 6. The kit does'nt lower the diff a full 6" so your CVs will be cranked with a 3" spacer. Even 2" may even be a lil over the edge.

For awhile I had 9" of lift because the bodylift remained from my previous setup. 35s had plenty of room on 15x10s. I think you could stuff 37s on there if thats what your after. It could work out nice if your planning to be a street only rig. But that much lift and those size tires on IFS is just useless offroad in my opinion. I've since dropped my bodylift to 1" for a total of about 7" lift. So far the setup has been great on and offroad.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
PhateX1337 said:
Ok so heres the deal,
I would like to get a fabtech 6" lift for my taco, and a 3.0" cornfed spacer in the front. For the back however, I'm somewhat confused. I was leaning towards a Fabtech or ProComp AAL in the back, the fabtech is 2" and the procomp is 2.5". How much higher approx. is the back than the front on a stock taco? Basically, would a 2" or a 2.5" level it out better? Also, if I were to get that 9" of lift, what sized tires would you reccomend with that? I'm leaning towards some 35s, but what would be the biggest size I could fit on there? - Mabye I should add a 3" body lift to that to allow for some bigger tires? Sorry for the questions, I'm still a newb, and to make things simpler, I've listed all my questions in number format below.

1.) What AAL would level out the back better, a 2.5" or a 2"?
2.) Whats the biggest size tire that will comfortably fit on a 9" lift (6" FabT, 3" Spacers)
3.) Whats the biggest size tire that will confortable fit on a 12" lift (6" Fab, 3" Spacer, 3" Body)?

Thanks again,
Brendan
Brendan, having been down the road you're contemplating, all I can ask is: what the hell do you REALLY do with your truck? if your wheeling trip is to Dairy Queen, that's one thing. If you intend to wheel, that's another....
by your fixation on tire size I'm guessing DQ?

I'm really not being a dick, it's a legitimate question. Myself and several others have tried every possible FT 6" combo and can save you lots of time & $$. Also, how often would you like to break down your axles & change CV's?

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
valkyrie said:
Brendan, having been down the road you're contemplating, all I can ask is: what the hell do you REALLY do with your truck? if your wheeling trip is to Dairy Queen, that's one thing. If you intend to wheel, that's another....
by your fixation on tire size I'm guessing DQ?

I'm really not being a dick, it's a legitimate question. Myself and several others have tried every possible FT 6" combo and can save you lots of time & $$. Also, how often would you like to break down your axles & change CV's?
I have yet to go through a set of CV boots and I can run 36 TSL's with no rubbing

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
valkyrie said:
You're using a 2" spacer with stock springs, right?
Yup and the CV angles look bad but it still works. I have around 15000 miles with 8". Once I get motivated to work on the truck I am going back down to 6".

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
what is the 63 chevy swap?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
is the 6 inch fab worth it ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts