TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have either of these and how do you like it? Does it mount up easily? In some pics I have seen, it looks like they had to drill a hole in the stock bumper, is this true? Which model fits a 2001 Taco? Where can i find the cheapest price? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get it on my xmas list in time. Would prefer the fabtech because of warranty and availability, etc.

Thanks for any help you can give.

-Justin

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Email them, and request a mounting diagram, the one included in the installation instructions. I'm sure it goes in fairly easy, but better they mislead you than ME.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
justinsfa said:
Anybody have either of these and how do you like it? Does it mount up easily? In some pics I have seen, it looks like they had to drill a hole in the stock bumper, is this true? Which model fits a 2001 Taco? Where can i find the cheapest price? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get it on my xmas list in time. Would prefer the fabtech because of warranty and availability, etc.

-Justin
I would go with a light bar by jason @ demello offroad, either one will only hold lights/not take a good strong hit, but jasons is bolted to the frame, not the front bumper...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
rojodiablo said:
Email them, and request a mounting diagram, the one included in the installation instructions. I'm sure it goes in fairly easy, but better they mislead you than ME.
Where you at in HB?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Any light bar bolted only to the front bumper on a Tacoma will vibrate like crazy. I have an older Fab Tech light bar I dont want to remove because it'll leave holes, and wont put lights on because it vibrates like crazy even after making extra bracing behind the bumper.

Tim

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
get a light bar from Carr for up top, they look pretty tight, especially on dubcabs if u have one.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
justinsfa said:

-Justin
I just got a PC Pre-Runner Bar in from Summit Racing, it was $124 shipped. I know this won't exactly "bolt-up", but for conversations sake, it, like most others I know of, bolt up to the stock front bumper. If you're looking for something that's frame mountable, you'll be looking at a hell of a lot more $125. You can modify the bars of course to mount to the frame, but that means you'd have to grind off the powder-coating and weld on some extra steel. Then you'd need to get it re-powder-coated. I don't think Fabtech makes 1 directly for a Tacoma anyways, I talked to them and they said I'd just have to use their UNIVERSAL Pre-Runner Bar. However, that's been like 9 months ago, so things may have changed between now and then! Oh, and who makes the ORI prerunner light bar? I'd like to see some pics of that. Peace, Wes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts