TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing a 6" fabtech some time in the next month. I have been reading about it for a couple of months now. Does anyone have any issue that they ran into or any tips to make the install go better. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Liltoy said:
I will be installing a 6" fabtech some time in the next month. I have been reading about it for a couple of months now. Does anyone have any issue that they ran into or any tips to make the install go better. Thanks in advance.
Go through and make sure you have all the tools you need, so it will go a little quicker. Also, the step that calls for cutting out the x-member, you will have to cut a bit more then what they say.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Liltoy said:

When you cut the x-member, if you are going to use a sawzall, get special blades called "torch blades". They can be found at Home Depot and all they are are metal cutting blades that are thicker than normal. Even my 18volt dewalt was able to cut the frame easily with them. Also, on the drivers side you will have to cut along the alignment marker bracket to have enough clearance for the power steering lines (V6 at least). Also, line up a shop to do the presswork if beforehand unless you plan to do that work yourself. Really the install is pretty straighfoward, just time consuming.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures

Can you get me some pictures of the X member where you had to cut it? I also have the V-6. I was going to press the bearings myself... how much would it cost to have it done?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read through that twice... great reading though. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts