TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone have trouble with the fabtech front struts off a 6in lift for a 03 tacoma? Cause it seems that that there is a banging noise coming from the front end. I'm really frustrated cause I'm I've been spending a year and a half trying to find what's that noise. I don't have any idea what it is...any suggestions

·
Registered
213 Posts
is it a banging noise or a rubing sound? I had similar noise until a took a mallet to it.
When does it make the noise? turning? just going forward?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The correct term is Coilover, not strut. Just trying to save you a flaming.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ha funny. It was so late last night i didn't even notice that and i misread his post.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Ha funny. It was so late last night i didn't even notice that and i misread his post.
LOL WTF were you doing reading posts at 3:00 AM on a Saturday morning? Let me guess...waiting for the room to stop spinning:) Rock on!

·
Registered
213 Posts
LOL WTF were you doing reading posts at 3:00 AM on a Saturday morning? Let me guess...waiting for the room to stop spinning:) Rock on!
LOL. You got it! 5 hrs of playing poker and a little too much to drink.
Surprised myself that I can some what spell....just can't read.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
LOL. You got it! 5 hrs of playing poker and a little too much to drink.
Surprised myself that I can some what spell....just can't read.
LMFAO!! Figured as much. Been there done that:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok sorry coilover! it's a banging noise. it happens all the time, turning, bumps, going foward. I had the coil over replaced and still got the noise

·
Registered
1 Posts
Halape10, did you ever find out what was making that noise. I have the same thing happening on my 04 f150 lariat. I have the fabtech 6 inch lift and it is making that banging noise exactly the same as yours. Let me know,

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Halape10, did you ever find out what was making that noise. I have the same thing happening on my 04 f150 lariat. I have the fabtech 6 inch lift and it is making that banging noise exactly the same as yours. Let me know,
First off, welcome to the forum.
Second, This is the oldest zombie thread I've seen someone bring back from the dead in a while.
Thirdly, make sure all bolts are tightened to torques specs.
Fourthly, does it do it while moving, turning, hitting speed bumps, looking at it wrong, when you scratch your dick... too many variables not to explain the symptoms further.
Lastly, you may want to check a site more specific to your vehicle:
http://www.f150forum.com/f34/6-fabtech-lift-dilema-struts-158356/

this is probably the worst site to ask about Fabtech drop bracket lift crap. We all hate them.

Have a nice day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts