TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. Owned an 85 Taco for 19 years but no off-road. Just drove it and loved it, so I bought a new Taco to replace it. 2004, 4x2, extracab, nothing fancy, but now I'm thinking I might like to fool with it a little. When I looked under a prerunner it looks like all they did to lift it over the std height was run the axle under the rear leaf springs vice on top of them like my truck. Could not tell about the front end. What would it take to lift my truck to prerunner height? I am thinking it could be done with factory parts since the prerunner is lifted. Yes? Thanks for helping an old new guy.

Scubber

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
so you have a mini taco right?
i know fabtech makes lifts for a 5 lug tacos....which will give you about the stock height of a prerunner...
go checkout www.customtacos.com
there is a section for 2wd mini...and many have done what you were looking for...

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Scubber said:
When I looked under a prerunner it looks like all they did to lift it over the std height was run the axle under the rear leaf springs vice on top of them like my truck. Could not tell about the front end. What would it take to lift my truck to prerunner height? I am thinking it could be done with factory parts since the prerunner is lifted. Yes? Thanks for helping an old new guy.
Scubber
the 4x2 5-lug truck suspension is significantly different than the PreRunner/4wd trucks

For one the axles are different - smaller (7.5") , Wheel hubs (5 lug vs. 6 lug) ,
Up front - spindles (IIRC) , different brake calipers
But there is 5-lug lift kit available.

-Its kind of a perspective issue- but to most of us here - the 4wd/Prerunners are stock height and technically not lifted- The 5 - lugs are lower though :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts