TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Looked for a post on this but didn't see it, so I will ask here. I have a 03 Tacoma 4x4 Xrtacab. I have the factory keyless entry remote thing to unlock the doors, etc. I also happen to have a extra remote I had when I had a 03 celica. Same remote as the one on the truck. I assume there is a procedure to program this other remote to work with my truck. If so, is there a post anyplace that explains how to do this?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Procedure

Here You Go,
1. Begin with drivers door open and unlocked
Key out of the Ignition
2. Insert and remove key from Ig. Switch 2 times within 5 secs.
3. Close and Open drivers door twice within 40 secs.
4. Insert key into ignition and remove it.
5. Close and open door twice within 40 secs.
6. Insert Key into switch
7. Close door
8. Turn ig. switch from "Lock" to "On" and back to "Lock" 1 time for "add" mode
9. Remove Key from Switch
10. The power locks should cycle "lock" to "unlock" 1 time
11. Within 40 secs. On Transmitter, Press both Lock and Unlock simultaneously for 1 ~ 1.5 secs. and release
12.Within 3 secs. press the Lock button for 1.5 sec. and release
13. The locks should cycle ONE time, if cycles twice you have messed up procedure or a bad transmitter. If no good then re-try procedure making sure of times and procedure. If one cycle then open drivers door will complete programming.

This does work, I have programmed 2 additional remotes for my 03.
This is a copy of the TSB EL004-01 service bullitin.
I had to read the procedure a few times before I tried it, so I knew what to do next.
Good Luck

·
Registered
38 Posts
THANK YOU!!! I had followed directions at customtacos.com http://customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=84&c=6, but they left out the detail that you need to hold down the lock/unlock buttons for at least 1~1.5 seconds. The instructions at customtacos are for making BOTH doors unlock with only one click on the remote. Anyway, I must have done something wrong because after I followed their steps, neither of my remotes worked at all! I follwed the directions here to "add" my two original remotes. Then I programmed them both to open both doors with one click. BTW, the directions for that are the same as posted above, except in step #8 you turn the key to "ON' and back to "LOCK" four (4) times instead of ony once. Check it out, it works. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You saved me a trip to the dealer! This is my first post, by the way :).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like I can avoid having to go to the dealer for another keyless entry remote, right?

So where is the best place to get a another remote? My wife wants one, since the '03 Taco DCab only came with one.

Kris

·
Registered
130 Posts
I figured this would work for my 2000 Taco with the RS3000 system, but I couldnt get it to work. Anyone else try it on a Pre 01 and it worked?--Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
130 Posts
anyone out therrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee---Dave

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
DocTaco said:
Here You Go,
Key out of the Ignition
7. Close door
11. Within 40 secs. On Transmitter, Press both Lock and Unlock simultaneously for 1 ~ 1.5 secs. and release
13. The locks should cycle ONE time, if cycles twice you have messed up procedure or a bad transmitter. If no good then re-try procedure making sure of times and procedure. If one cycle then open drivers door will complete programming.

I had to read the procedure a few times before I tried it, so I knew what to do next.
Good Luck
Dammit! This didn't work on my '03 Double cab. Anyone out there get this to work on theirs?

John

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I did this waaaay back when, on my 04 dcab. Used the instrux on CT. HOWEVER: there was a step missing in their instrux. I was trying to find the "comments" that used to be on the CT article/instrux, but it's gone. If I remember correctly, it was missing a step in the sequence where you had to wait for the locks to cycle (open and lock a coupla times on their own)... I cannot for the life of me remember what the *correct* sequence is, but it does/did work.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
DocTaco said:
Here You Go,
Key out of the Ignition
7. Close door

Good Luck
I thought you were bullshittin. I was going to add,"Do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around", until he said that it worked. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Supramann93 said:
I thought you were bullshittin. I was going to add,"Do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around", until he said that it worked. :rofl:
No shit man! I felt like an idiot doing it. Seems like a lot o work just to tell the thing what to do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does this work on 2001 Double cab 4x4's? I've followed this to the T about 5 times and still no worky. I just bought this truck and it didnt come with the factory remote so I bought one off Ebay supposedly for a 2001 Tacoma, is it possible the truck didnt originally come with the system installed? Also what FCC numbers are on the back of your remote so I can make sure I was sent the right one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
toddb3 said:
Does this work on 2001 Double cab 4x4's? I've followed this to the T about 5 times and still no worky. I just bought this truck and it didnt come with the factory remote so I bought one off Ebay supposedly for a 2001 Tacoma, is it possible the truck didnt originally come with the system installed? Also what FCC numbers are on the back of your remote so I can make sure I was sent the right one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It should work on your Dub cab it works on 01's and up. You might be pressing both buttons for too long, because the lock button needs to be pressed immediately after pressing both buttons. My FCC number for my remote is BAB237131-056. If you are not getting the beeping noises from your truck when you do these steps, you probably do not have the system installed

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here You Go,
Key out of the Ignition
7. Close door

Good Luck
I did this with a fob from another truck to try it out and it worked, however, now both trucks open with the same fob. My thoughts were reprgramming would overwrite the original entry, not the case. Any easy way to take the program off one truck?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts