TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the factory skid plate for the '07 is now painted vs. raw aluminum. I just got my truck back from Progressive after a fender bender and the new skid plate they put on is painted. The old one was raw aluminum. They said the new '07 are this new finish vs. the aluminum. Anyone know for sure. I know stupid question.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I just went to the Toyota website and looked around.

The skidplate is an accessory. It's not part of any of the packages.

There's only one pic of that skidplate on the whole site, and in that pic it's silver.

The caption under it says it's anodized.

So, do you like the way it looks painted?

How about posting a pic for us?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. It looks pretty good. The raw aluminum looked better IMHO. I am just looking for any chizzzilin' done by Progressive. My truck was wracked by some idiot that ran a red light. Heads up, if you have progressive insurance and get in an accident, I would recommend not using there repair network. I will post any weirdness as I find it. I can tell you that a couple parts (rear access door latch post was on there finger tight, intake bolts were on there finger tight. The plastic engine cover is all scratched up and they say it was previously scratched up and won't replace it. The truck has 3k miles on it. I opened the hood maybe 3 times during the past 2 months I had it. Check the pic. Do you think the engine cover couldv'e gottend scratched by the hood. By the way, I will more than likely trade this sucker in. The guy was driving a company vehicle that ran the red light. My lawyer says I will get compensated for low trade in, etc.
hope the image works, here goes.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i would like to see a painted skid plate also

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just dropped mine to get powder coated today. I had a powder coated black one on my old truck. it is on camburg.com check out the white long travel tacoma and you can see what a powder coated black skid plate will look like. I think it looked so good I am doing it again.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My 05 has the raw aluminum skid on it. The stock skid is stamped steel.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think the OP and a couple other posters are talking the stock skid that comes with TRD offroad package. Not the silver one you buy extra to go over the stock one. Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it is part of the TRD pack, no? I have the "sport" TRD package, but, I have seen it as an "option" on the build a tacoma page at toyota.com and the dealer just stuck it on there to help move the truck. It looks pretty cool... and like it would cringe at the sight of a rock. I will get a pic of the "new" one asap and post. Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to get out in the sun and really check everything from the inside out. I will post pictures of any other wierdness, too. Here's the home-brew skidder I came up with for my old '98. I made it out of steel and 1/4" aluminum.

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skidplatefrontjf6.jpg

I'll teach myself how to post it in my messages here in a few.

·
Registered
313 Posts
By the way, I will more than likely trade this sucker in. The guy was driving a company vehicle that ran the red light. My lawyer says I will get compensated for low trade in, etc.
You should ask your lawyer if there's a case for 'diminish value' in your state. Even if your truck is fixed like it was before, a dealer may not offer you as much if they say that they can't resell it as a 'certified' used car, and a private party buying it may lowball you as your accident will show up in CARFAX and I believe you'll also be legally obligated to disclose that it was in a wreck to potential buyers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah. He says diminished value is the case in our state. He says to tell the dealer when I trade it in all about the accident, show him the repair papers, etc. Get what they want to give me for trade on new DC TRD. I am supposed to get credentials of the person who does the trade in assesment to use in the law suit. Pay the difference out of pocket (if I go with my bank, they won't let me roll the negative equity into the new loand, if I go with stealer finance they will roll the neg eq into the new loan, but it will cost me a couple points on the pct. rate.). I owe 25k on this thing, am hoping to to get somewhere near 20k on the trade (am I dreaming here), pay the diff out of pocket, and get it back under the law suit). The fact is that the repairs through Progressives repair network look like crap. I'm still pretty pissed, it wasn't my fault, the guy was driving a company vehicle, the guy was also sighted for not obeying a traffic signal, and I have to go through all the B.S. Plus, I have been stuck driving this 07 Dakota around for the last 6 weeks! The law should be that I wake up and there is a new TRD in my driveway! But, what are you gonna do. Anyone else got any input on this on. By the way, stay away from Progressives "network" when/if you need their services. Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Since it's taking awhile to teach yourself to post images, just press the button that says "Insert Image" and paste your links in the box that comes up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts