TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after my kenwood HU was stolen, i put in my stock HU (2000 tacoma). this one differs from the 4runner HU in that there is no factory "amp". there are 2 plugs that go into the back of the HU versus 2 plugs going into the amp and one to the HU like i believe was in my 4runner. so along with those 2 plugs, i have the antenna connection as well. i thought when i first plugged the HU in it was fine (though im not positive it ever worked this time around - it worked when I removed it in May 2006), radio worked and whatnot, but now, only the CD player works. when I switch to FM, its just static. if i unplug the antenna, it picks it up a little better, but still real faint and static-y. the antenna cable doesn't look severed or anything, doesn't seem im missing any wires, everything looks in order. what could it be?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Were any wires cut when you installed either of the stereos? If so recheck everything and make sure it's wired correctly. My stock stereo ('98) has 3 plugs + antenna. One on the CD play lower portion, a cord goes from that to one plug on the back of the upper part of the deck. The other plug goes on the upper part of the deck and holds the factory wiring for power (constant and switched), power antenna, speakers, ect.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres what i've got:

in the white plug, there is one pin missing, but i don't know if it ever had that or not, i dont see any loose wires anywhere in that harness, and the factory wrapping is still intact. the big connector on the far left does not get used as far as i can tell, so i have 3 connections including the antenna. one of them is the read speakers, the other is the power and front speakers, then the antenna. everything seems to be in order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts