TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI for everyone interested - before I swapped them I was rear ended. One estimate had told me that the leaf springs were bent. I didn't think they were, and a lot of other estimates didn't think so either, but I swapped them out for some Deavers, anyways.

I think they look fine, and you can check them out for yourself.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I sure do, but I'm skeptical about shipping some giant leaf springs. How could that be worth it?

I'd rather someone in so cal came and picked them up, but if you have a good solution let me know.
Shipping is easy...have the buyer set up a UPS account (credit or debit card needed), arrange for the shipping, mail you the UPS tags, and call in a pickup at your door. All you do is tape up the eyes with packing tape and attach the UPS tags with clear tape. No $ out of pocket, and little hassle. It cost me about $30-$35 per spring to ship from Wisconsin to NJ. Add to that $3.50 or so each if you have them picked up, as opposed to dropping them at a UPS store.

Weigh the springs on a bathroom scale for the best accuracy (and price) for UPS.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back quicker. In my mind, there isn't much to bust, they are steel and heavy duty spring steel at that. I have had great luck with sending and recieving things with UPS. Even if you take it in, they will box it for you and ship it from the store. I sent meat on ice in snow storm next day delivery 1200 miles one way and they got it there in the alloted time.

I looked for a weight on Tacoma srpings in an effort to do the leg work for a price on shipping, was able to find one, I can get a pretty good idea of shipping material so long as there are not any extra charges for size.

I can also understand why one wouldn't want to hastle with shipping.

Wally

1 - 11 of 11 Posts