TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's all types of picture threads so i figured i would start one for those that like toyota based rims. I have been looking for Taco's with sequoia rims but haven't come out with that good of results. So if you have any type of toyota rim that you don't see everyday on a tacoma or have added your on touch too post up.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I was also looking at sequoia wheels when I went to my 35's, but ended up with the same old wheels I've had for years, only back to the factory finish instead of black.

Black:

Current:

I've had the same wheels pretty much since 07 (not the same exact set, but the same style) on my old truck, and both phases of my tacoma. They're getting old, but I absolutely will not run an aftermarket wheel. Sequoia wheels are in my future.

·
Registered
398 Posts

not mine

this one's mine

I liked the wheels a lot but they weren't wide enough and didn't have an agressive enough offset for the body of the truck. they look great on stock body trucks though

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
stock spares:

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
I've had the same wheels pretty much since 07 (not the same exact set, but the same style) on my old truck, and both phases of my tacoma. They're getting old, but I absolutely will not run an aftermarket wheel. Sequoia wheels are in my future.
why sequoia wheels? they have a more appropriate backspacing or just looks?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
he likes the looks.......i have a set:p

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
why sequoia wheels? they have a more appropriate backspacing or just looks?
It's just looks.

All toyota alloys are 4", 4.5" or 5" backspacing to my knowledge. Even the sequoia wheels are 4"

I'm talking these, 4" backspaced 16x7:

not the new ones (which are 17's)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
yep

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
just my .02 but i think the stock 16'' tacoma wheels look a lot better than the 16'' sequoia wheels, they look like they're from the early 90s imo

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
just my .02 but i think the stock 16'' tacoma wheels look a lot better than the 16'' sequoia wheels, they look like they're from the early 90s imo
X2, ill keep my 6spoke over those

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
X2, ill keep my 6spoke over those
To each their own, I like them simply because you don't see them on EVERY 4x4 toyota driving down the road. Like the rest of the wheels (yes, including mine) that have been posted.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya i was talking about the 17's on newer ones. Not a fan at all of the 16's.

I just like the looks of the 17's and the bling factor of a bigger rim. There's a sequoia in my apartment complex that has im guessing 285 km2's on those 17's and it looks way baller. I've also heard of people getting them for pretty cheap too which is a plus.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Ya i was talking about the 17's on newer ones. Not a fan at all of the 16's.

I just like the looks of the 17's and the bling factor of a bigger rim. There's a sequoia in my apartment complex that has im guessing 285 km2's on those 17's and it looks way baller. I've also heard of people getting them for pretty cheap too which is a plus.
Well I'm more into the function than the baller bling on my truck, personally. :p

17's just don't leave enough sidewall.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts