TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i'm aware of the rear-end, the steering clunk, and the cracked frame.

i am currently at 8,000 miles on an '06 access trd...no problems what-so-ever.
but am looking to find out what to expect by 30,000 or 50,000. please list any failures you've had on your 05+ tacomas, no matter how small. dealership experience concerning problem?

if this has already been posted, i'm sorry...couldn't find one like it with the search:confused:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
05 6 speed, transmission failure at 26,000 miles. Still fighting Toyota to get it replaced under warranty. No other complaints, and I thrash my truck so it is really amazing that this is the only thing that I have torn up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You should "expect" problem free driving I would hope. Trying to anticipate what may or may not happen with your truck is like trying to use a magic 8 ball to plan your future. You covered the bases with some of the known early model problems but I wouldn't concern yourself too much with them. As far as 'your' truck goes at this point they are simply 'maybes, what ifs and might never happens.'

If you're looking for an all inclusive comprehensive list of possible problems, I'm sure the list could and would include almost anything and everything from maybe a bad battery to faulty sensor of some sort.

Enjoy your truck. If something does happen 'then' raise the question "has anyone had this problem?":)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
after 40000 miles ,approx.2600 off roadmiles, 4 mudflaps ripped off,dented to hell skidplated, and a rear suspension that squeeks till no tomorrow, not one problem and i drive the hell out of my 05 v6 auto

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
ok...i'm aware of the rear-end, the steering clunk, and the cracked frame.

i am currently at 8,000 miles on an '06 access trd...no problems what-so-ever.
but am looking to find out what to expect by 30,000 or 50,000. please list any failures you've had on your 05+ tacomas, no matter how small. dealership experience concerning problem?

if this has already been posted, i'm sorry...couldn't find one like it with the search:confused:
mine blew up in flames while sitting in the mall parking lot does that count....

·
Registered
215 Posts
as far as i know its only the 05s with this problem...havent heard anything about the 06s...ive got 12k and counting and ive only had it half a year!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've got an 07 - only 400 miles on it. I've read the same problems you have and most of them seem to be related to the 05's. I've read a lot of issues with the manual transmissions - which is why I bought the Auto.

Something else to keep in mind - especially if you're still under warrantee and plan to keep the truck stock....There's been complaints about the bed bottoming out on the bumpstops when hauling stuff. I've got an Access cab and it has only 3 leafs (2 leafs plus overload). There is a TSB for this - to replace with a 4 leaf pak (3 leafs plus overload). I jsut can't seem to find into for it. :rolleyes:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185345&page=3

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
05 6 speed, transmission failure at 26,000 miles. Still fighting Toyota to get it replaced under warranty. No other complaints, and I thrash my truck so it is really amazing that this is the only thing that I have torn up.

why do you have to fight them , its under 36k miles?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
why do you have to fight them , its under 36k miles?
Because I am on the other side of the planet. Some crap about Toyota USA and Toyota Europe warranties not jiving, or maybe the tech is just a lazy puke. Either way if it isn't fixed in a couple weeks it will be parked on his desk and lit on fire.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Because I am on the other side of the planet. Some crap about Toyota USA and Toyota Europe warranties not jiving, or maybe the tech is just a lazy puke. Either way if it isn't fixed in a couple weeks it will be parked on his desk and lit on fire.
Hmm... maybe you deserve a fight:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Shedded fawken mudflaps like dead skin cells until I removed them and reinstalled them on the wall of my storage shed. Damned seatbelt light blinks constantly. Oh, and I still haven't found where they hid the ashtray.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Hmm... maybe you deserve a fight:
Maybe, but they haven't complained about how I've used my truck, they just complain about who pays for the repairs, USA or Germany. I found a used one for $850, but shipping is $800. Still cheaper than a new one. Might have to go that route, We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Shedded fawken mudflaps like dead skin cells until I removed them and reinstalled them on the wall of my storage shed. Damned seatbelt light blinks constantly. Oh, and I still haven't found where they hid the ashtray.
i had the same problem with the mud flaps, removed as well.
put a piece of tape on the cluster right where the light blinks, so its not as bad. i recommend duck tape, it fixes everything........
and as far as ashtray, isn't that what the shifter boot if for?

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Maybe, but they haven't complained about how I've used my truck, they just complain about who pays for the repairs, USA or Germany. I found a used one for $850, but shipping is $800. Still cheaper than a new one. Might have to go that route, We'll see what happens.
I see said the blind peeing into the wind, it's all coming back to me now. LOL.

The bureaucracy does get ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts