TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only came for Sunday this year as I had family priorities to take care of.

Other than bending one of the leafs in my driver front leaf pack I had a good day. A little angle grinder lovin and I can cut the bent piece off. Where it's bent it shouldn't affect the suspension, but it's going to cause issues in the future if I don't remove it. Actually if I wouldn't have had someone check the front when I was stuck up on the ledge on F I probably would have snapped a main leaf or completely pulled the axle out from under the truck. :eek:

My problems weren't nearly as bad as Jordan's or his buddy Jim's.

Jim attempted the hands climb and this happened.

Surprisingly as hard as he hit he did no major damage. Just a few scratches on the hood and I "think" a few small dents in the tube. He hit HARD!

Earlier in the day I was spotting Jordan up a ledge on Devi's Den. He wasn't getting traction so I told him to back up a bit and bump it. Unfortunately for him his truck hopped sideways landing his driver side rear right between two rocks that resembled a wheel chaulk. This resulted in his output shaft shearing in two. And before I closed my eyes and cringed like a little girl I'm positive I saw his driver side rear axle shaft let loose. We'll all have to wait until he gives us the full damage report.

I pretty much got no pictures. Here are a few Jordan got of me and Eric dicking around on the double bump.

Hope everyone else's trip was as good as mine! It was good seeing the PA guys too!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Had a Blast this weekend even though i broke twice. Sat sheared 4 knuckle studs somewhere, borrowed JT's knuckle and studs and was back in action. Sunday, well Red pretty much sumed it up. Ill rip into it later this week or next and see what all is F'd up and take some pics.

Thanks Red for hopping in and taking off the driveshaft, Would of been funny to see a fat guy in alittle area. and for letting me ride bitch the rest of the day. Only damage on Jim's buggie was the dent on the drive engine bar.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Red for hopping in and taking off the driveshaft, Would of been funny to see a fat guy in alittle area. and for letting me ride bitch the rest of the day.
Hey you've done so much more for me. Plus you're right, it would have been funny! I was kind of cramped myself under there. You picked a good spot to break though, it was easy sliding under your truck where you were! Much better than the spot where you broke my rear driveshaft in.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt spin I had the wrong line, I backed out and went right up through the hole you went around and up the next ledge that you also went around....
Oh now you're telling me I took the wrong line eh? :p

You know what would have happened if I went straight, especially with Jordan riding bitch. :eek:

·
Registered
819 Posts
well we had a great time this weekend. Had my first big trail break , broke a cv , we got it fixed . thanks to the parts guy J.T. for having an extra one on hand. plus a big thanks to Andy , Nick and his buddy Mike and once again to J.T. for the help putting it back together again. I did some harder stuff than usual , and I guess i can say that rolling with you more experienced guys , helps me push my little rig harder .sorry if it was a pain in the ass having me along. here are some pics.

here is the link to the rest of them

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I swear I'm gonna get out to wheel again! When I do I'm gonna rock the shit out of some green trails! This whole work/ responsibility thing sux.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
SO MUCH WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a very nice rig, alittle tall but nice. stroked lighting motor mated to a 700r4,atlas4, 60/70 combo, 42 icants, and kings all the way around.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Had a great time and we covered quite a bit of the park. Seemed like my 4 Runner worked pretty well all day as all the issues I was previously having seem to be fixed, although it appears that my timing chain needs to be replaced as the motor sounded like a diesel all day. Looks like my idler arm may be on its way out a well since it flops all over the place - instead of replacing it, I may just shim it with a washer or two to take up the slack and pump it full of grease :)

Thanks again to Jordan for bringing down that tube - hope to get on that project soon. Dave no problem helping out and the parts, anytime.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Had a great time and we covered quite a bit of the park. Seemed like my 4 Runner worked pretty well all day as all the issues I was previously having seem to be fixed, although it appears that my timing chain needs to be replaced as the motor sounded like a diesel all day. Looks like my idler arm may be on its way out a well since it flops all over the place - instead of replacing it, I may just shim it with a washer or two to take up the slack and pump it full of grease :)

Thanks again to Jordan for bringing down that tube - hope to get on that project soon. Dave no problem helping out and the parts, anytime.
Anytime, Thanks for the knuckle. Ill have one for you soon:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
7 Participants
Rodge
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing