TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet at the gas station at the Park 'n Ride at the Morrison exit (the Dinosaur lots) off I70 at 11:00 or at the Fall River Rd exit 238 at 11:45 - 12:00.

We'll try to get as far down the trail as we can in a few hours, then we can stop at BeauJo's (or somewhere else) after for dinner.

CB channel 7 (CB is optional, but highly recommended)

http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.php?trailNum=46

This is an easy trail, but it IS at elevation. Be prepared just like any time at high altitudes in the winter: water, sleeping bags/blankets, etc.

In accordance with TTORA rules, there are no alcohol or drugs allowed on the trail. Please don't put me in the position of having to enforce them.

Stock vehicles will be fine, but please check and identify front and rear tow points. (Factory front hook is fine, rear class 3 trailer hitch - not a bumper with a hitch ball - is good)

I'm sorry for those that were only available Saturday - hope to hook up with you all soon!

So that we can have the most up-to-date info, please confirm in this thread if you'll be able to make it!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
ill be there..... i have to prove that my truck works in 4x4 to someone on the boards

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Halleluyah! (sp?) 99% I'll be there. Gotta drive over Vail and Eisenhower, but the weather should be mellowing by then. Looks like I'll be running the studded snows for this trip :( I'll confirm 100% yeah or nay on Saturday and plan on meeting at the Fall River Rd exit :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
i will be there, if i dont drive the toy, does any one have a spair seat?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Wildturkee - we do! I'll sit int he back. I don;t mind. It's close to my favorite heater :D

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fjcruzer said:
Heater??? You carry guns??? OMG...
LOL No, WE don't (some others do). Molly has this STRANGE thing (OK, one of many strange things :D ) about her that she likes her feet hot - I mean ON FIRE - and her upper body cold. So, she likes sitting in the back where the rear heater blows on her feet and nothing on her face...

I think one of our seats is already spoken for, but I'm SURE there will be plenty of seats available for you Sam!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I am such a total freak that way. What's new???

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Warm feet are good... better than a hothead anyway :D

How's the weather down there? Still freakin' blowing 20-30mph and cold (0-15 degrees) up here, and expecting another 10+ inches through Friday. Kinda like winter... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I'm a definite maybe.... :rolleyes:

Mrs Jacket has pneumonia, and was in the hospital today for tests, so I'll have to wait and see how she's doing on Saturday before I can get "permission" to go have fun.

I'll check back in on Saturday and confirm.

Anyone know how much snow they got there yesterday?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
The weather down here is windy, but no snow on the front range - though I am sure it is snowing up at fall river. Closest town to check would be idaho springs or george town. Jacket - I am *just* getting over pneumonia! I still have fluid in my left lung. Am on HEAVY antibiotics. I won't be bouncing around on Sunday like I normally am... nope this time I'll have to be a mellow Molly. I am just so glad to be better after 1 month of this BS!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I am planning on being there Sunday. Which gas station do you meet at in Morrison? Otherwise, is there a pull-off to meet at the Fall River Rd exit 238? It looks like Sunday should be nice out. Weather.com is showing 42 degrees and sunny for Sunday, at Idaho Springs. See ya there.
Jim

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
no gas station.... when you get off you will see one of us parked alongside the onramp back onto I70. it is an rtd bus stop but im pretty sure its just a dirt lot area.

i have a shotgun seat if anyone needs a ride or cant drive..... let me know

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
tacotoy said:
no gas station.... when you get off you will see one of us parked alongside the onramp back onto I70. it is an rtd bus stop but im pretty sure its just a dirt lot area.

i have a shotgun seat if anyone needs a ride or cant drive..... let me know
Actually we WILL be meeting at the Conoco, wich is about 300 yards west on the 1-70 frontage road from the dinosaur parking lots at the Morrison exit. (The frontage road that heads to the mother cabrini shrine). You can see it from the dinosaur lots. We will have our CB on!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
channel 7 of course

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Colorado 7 BIATCHES! (Note that it is NOT Norcal 31 :supergay: )

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tacotoy said:
when you get off you will see one of us parked alongside the onramp back onto I70
I had to pick the gas station because I couldn't remember which lot was which and nobody knows what your truck looks like Rich!

Note: no guarantees that the gas station is actually open!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
ummmm it has a tube bumper..... rhinolined rockers and the usual cb antennas and spare tire....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts