TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, my employment situation has forced me to relocate once again, this time much sooner than anticipated. I have been trying very hard to find work anywhere in the state of CO over the past few weeks, but simply can’t do it and with the situation with my house back in AZ, the most logical solution is to go back home. I wish I could have stayed longer, especially through the winter to do some boarding on the Western slopes, but…it is what it is. I will be leaving for AZ on September 18 and come back shortly after to pack up my house.

I had a great time wheeling, camping, ribbing, and drinking with the COTTORA crew and look forward to more of the same in the future. Thanks for showing me around and hope to see you guys again soon…perhaps AZRocks 2010…hint, hint ;) Take care and keep the shiny side up….na, fuck it…flop that shit and just get it over with already :shiner:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Good luck and nice wheelin with you. Have fun with the homebrew!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Oh man.... That sucks. I am so bummed it didn't all work out! But I know how much you love AZ... so at least you are going back to a place you love!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
It was good meeting you at the campsite at WFTW. I never did get to wheel with you, but you seemed like a cool guy, even if you did make fun of me for trying to put up a tent I just pulled out of the box by fire light. :D I'm sure we'll see you again. Have fun in AZ.

·
20,355 Posts
Shitty man, i had a great time wheeling/camping with ya this year.

This will just give another reason why we need to get an AZ trip set up in the near future.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

This will just give another reason why we need to get an AZ trip set up in the near future.
That's what I was thinking!

·
Registered
821 Posts
even if you did make fun of me for trying to put up a tent I just pulled out of the box by fire light
It wasn't just him- I think we all found that pretty entertaining!:lmao:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hey man best of luck in the future, too bad I never had the chance to actually meet you buy hopefully we can change that in the future

·
Registered
261 Posts
Despite what you might think jackass, I hate to see you go, but knew you would sooner or later! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to ride with you up BV Carnage, had alot fun that day.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts

x2

And thanks again for saving my ass at holy cross lol. I still owe you for that one.

Best of luck back in AZ.

If you need help packing, let me know.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Too bad. Here I thought it was ok to own a Jeep since there was someone else here who did and you go and move :p

Good luck back in AZ.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
COTTORA's loss is AZTTORA's gain.

Sucks you have to leave. I always get a little down when driving out of CO. Happened the first time I moved to CA when I lived in Steamboat, and now it happens every time I head home from vacationing/wheeling in the Rockies. Sorry man. Leaving the mountains always leaves a little piece of me behind. It sounds like you made the most of your time there, and wheeled a lot of trails while you were there. :kewl:

But let me be the first to say... welcome home, Shawn! See you on the trails! (Martinez is on tap for Oct 17th). Maybe now we'll have some company on the road when Melanie and I make the drive up to CO for wheeling.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, I will definitely miss it here A LOT. At least I missed 'most' of the heat in AZ this summer :rolleyes: The wife and I just got all our snowboarding gear this weekend and already have our winter vacation planned in Telluride, so I'll get to experience at least 'some' of the world class slopes in Colorado :D

So AZ Rocks 2010 it is! ;) I've been collecting plenty of Sobe bottles for next year's festivities by the way :flamethro Everybody get your junk ready to rock this winter and get some rock lights...I recommend the Vision-X Tantrums ....because the 'unofficial' night runs are the shiz :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts