TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Dangit Brian... that is the weekend we have a fundraiser for WFTW... (Wheelers For The Wounded) of which CoTTORA is sponsoring Colorado.... But damned I'd love to see you and your crew again!!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Probably depend more on where in CO they are, Southwest CO is way closer to Farmington than the crew up in the Denver area.:D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Probably depend more on where in CO they are, Southwest CO is way closer to Farmington than the crew up in the Denver area.:D
True dat! And we are gaining a few members in the Durango area. Brian a Huge Kudo's to you guys for doing this though. It is the only way we can keep our trails open.

They are FINALLY closing Carnage Canyon (near Boulder) this September. We are currently very involved in that "battle"

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1225951#post1225951

Even since we last ran it with you (2 years ago this May) it is a totally different trail. There is SO much erosion due to so much use (and misuse). So I really feel where you guys are coming from in trying to be proactive with Farmington! If there is any way Troy and I can make it... we will!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bump for a Clean Up

1237.2 in reply to 1237.1

Bump! for the clean up.

June 14th, 8:00AM The Glade Rec Area, Chokecherry Canyon, Farmington

with pre/post-event wheeling goodness.

We could sure use the help from those that aren't making the WFTW event!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I would love to help out but I cant even make the WFTW event. I will be on a plane coming back from SoCal. Hit me up next time I would love to do some wheeling down that way and would love to help keep trails open. I hate seeing them close do to ass hats and people who cant pick up after them selfs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Chokecherry Clean up

...The response for this event is amazing! So much, in fact, that we are moving the camping site to an area just east of Brown's Springs. The camping area is a large, flat grassland area and on the opposite (east) bank of the main dry wash.

The campsite can be reached 3.6 miles from the intersection of Pinon Hills Blvd and Glade Rd. and ~.2 miles past Brown's Springs. Turn right at the 4-way intersection, crossing the wash, and continue the follow the road to the right. You will see several very large red tanks and we will be camped in the large field adjacent to them. These red tanks are highly visible from the main road as well as from Brown Springs...when in doubt, head toward the red tanks, eh?

GPS to get you close... 36°48'37.09"N 108°10'27.43"W

Several folks will be rolling in throughout the day on Friday so spotting folks shouldn't be too bad either. We'll be the biggest group out there for sure!

See you out there!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts