TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I was going to wait a bit to post it up, but since you started it..

Yes indeed the dates for the second annual NMTTORA Farmington run are Friday May 4th-Sunday May 6th. We're holding it a bit later this year because last years February run there was still snow on the trails and it was COLD.
Becuase we will be holding it later in the year we will be setting up a designated campsite, which I will be posting up directions to later on in early '07. For those who want to stay in a Motel I will also get in touch with the local Motel 6 and arrange a group rate like last year.
The trails range from mild to "holy crap you want me to go where", with numerous playground areas that you could spend a whole day in. We will start off with Two groups, one easy, one difficult, and depending on the turnout possibly Three.
Last year we only had Thirteen rigs show up and despite the cold weather (as has been stated) all who where there had a blast. This year we hope to have at least twice as many rigs show up, as well as more people from other chapters.
Although we realize that it is close to other major runs, these dates seem to work out well for most that I have spoke to. Mark your calendars, and we hope you can join us!

Some pics of last year:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Whoo Hoo! You know Troy and I are gonna be there. Maybe this will be the first trip for the Tippy Bitch and Troy's runner to go on together... AWE *puke*

·
838 Posts
Hell Yeah it was a blast!! I cant wait 'til May! The more the merrier, so mark your calendars and we'll see you there!
Brian, you'll be SFA by then right? *gulp* hope the me and the runner can keep up with ya :eek:
Doug

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
dougtrd said:
Hell Yeah it was a blast!! I cant wait 'til May! The more the merrier, so mark your calendars and we'll see you there!
Brian, you'll be SFA by then right? *gulp* hope the me and the runner can keep up with ya :eek:
Doug
I had better be!! If not something went HORRIBLY wrong. Hell if I'm not "done" by mid Feb. I'll be bent..
Keep up?? Hell by then you'll know your freshly built rig, I'll still be learning how to drive again ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brian where you getting your SAC done? I still don't have my rig yet. I saw it today, at least it looks a little better. Hopefully I'll have it back for New Years!!!
Anyway can't wait to meet up with y'all. I don't know if I'm gonna do Farmington cause I think that may be UNM final weekend. If I can I may do a day trip up there.
:D

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
In my garage. :) You told me where you were getting it done on a thread on the NM board, I'd like to come check it out.
There's another student in our chapter that may have the same issue, I was trying to avoid that, but often times majority rules. Even if you can't make it but one day it will be well worth it, trust me..

PM or E-Mail me, I'd like to see the work in progress...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sucks i cant plan so far out! Lol.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thats the weekend of my girlfriends aunts wedding, I think I am going to ditch that and go!

·
Registered
20 Posts
briansc33 said:
I was going to wait a bit to post it up, but since you started it..

Yes indeed the dates for the second annual NMTTORA Farmington run are Friday May 4th-Sunday May 6th. We're holding it a bit later this year because last years February run there was still snow on the trails and it was COLD.
Becuase we will be holding it later in the year we will be setting up a designated campsite, which I will be posting up directions to later on in early '07. For those who want to stay in a Motel I will also get in touch with the local Motel 6 and arrange a group rate like last year.
The trails range from mild to "holy crap you want me to go where", with numerous playground areas that you could spend a whole day in. We will start off with Two groups, one easy, one difficult, and depending on the turnout possibly Three.
Last year we only had Thirteen rigs show up and despite the cold weather (as has been stated) all who where there had a blast. This year we hope to have at least twice as many rigs show up, as well as more people from other chapters.
Although we realize that it is close to other major runs, these dates seem to work out well for most that I have spoke to. Mark your calendars, and we hope you can join us!

Some pics of last year:

BUMP This is still going to happen right? I am planning on it. Weeeee

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
briansc33 said:
I know you guys are probably super busy with Takeover planning, but what's the plan for the May trip (camping, etc). Now that we're about to get Molly's truck fixed, I'm itching for some real 'wheeling!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
There will be folks camping at the KOA:
1900 East Blanco BLV
Farmington NM 87413
(505) 632-8239
If some of you want to stay in a Motel, here is our first choice:
Comfort Inn 555 Scott Ave 325-2626 or
800-341-1495
No group rate yet, but we'll work on it..

Pretty much a big prerun for T/O (one of the many) for those of you who are contemplating coming out for this run. Obviously not half as big as T/O, but I'm sure all that join us will enjoy the wheelin'.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
8 Participants
briansc33
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing