TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I am curious about something. My idle is real fast at times it is up to 1500rpm even after driving it for 30 miles. Other times it is just where it is supposed to be. I have used starting fluid to look for leaks but I am wondering if the vaccuum ....selenoid could be acting up? It doesnt seem so by me but I am not sure. I can unhook the line and it pops out so i am then wondering if there is an issue with not enough vaccuum. I did just take my SC off but I used new gaskets on the plenum and have checked for hoses off. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
MNTaco said:
Hey there. I am curious about something. My idle is real fast at times it is up to 1500rpm even after driving it for 30 miles. Other times it is just where it is supposed to be. I have used starting fluid to look for leaks but I am wondering if the vaccuum ....selenoid could be acting up? It doesnt seem so by me but I am not sure. I can unhook the line and it pops out so i am then wondering if there is an issue with not enough vaccuum. I did just take my SC off but I used new gaskets on the plenum and have checked for hoses off. Can anyone help me?
The high idle is controlled by the ECU with feedback from the coolant temp sensor.

I would put a scan tool on it and see if it is reporting the correct temp or not.

When this is happening does your heater blow hot air as if the engine is properly warming up or does it blow cold air like the thermostat is bad?

What line are you unhooking and what is popping out?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...it still blows great hot air. There is a line that goes to...what ever it is directly below the IAC on the back side of the TB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts