TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay , I get in my truck this morning and I disengage the parking break but does nothing. I push the lever in and then pull it out. It's almost like it is not even there. I checked the rear and it's still tight. WTF is going on?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
ATLRoach said:
Okay , I get in my truck this morning and I disengage the parking break but does nothing. I push the lever in and then pull it out. It's almost like it is not even there. I checked the rear and it's still tight. WTF is going on?
How cold was it this morning?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
ATLRoach said:

Thats wht I got rid of mine :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
ATLRoach said:
The cable is probably frozen - as in iced up. Happens a lot in the winter up north here. I was taught not to use the parking brake in the winter.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
ATLRoach said:
23F is how cold it is now
What flatland said; cable is probably iced up. I try to remember not to use mine in freeze/thaw type weather since it always ends up getting stuck.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
pour a little hot water on the cable to free it up. If you are looking for other causes, check the cable where it attaches to the arm, inside of the frame, on the drivers side. If something is busted, it could be there...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
atwinda
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing