TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experienced this? I can "feel" the engine at high revs with the clutch depressed. This also comes into play when shifting from 1st to 2nd at 3500+rpm's and 2nd will grind. The clutch does not slip and I have adjusted the rod between the diaghphram and the pedal so the clutch engages earlier in the pedal travel. Any educated guesses, or similar circumstances?

Thanks,
Boheefus

·
Registered
565 Posts
Boheefus said:
I have adjusted the rod between the diaghphram and the pedal so the clutch engages earlier in the pedal travel. Any educated guesses, or similar circumstances?

Thanks,
Boheefus
1st try puttinhg it back to normal....

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
normal is where the problem originated from, and it has not been resolved by the pedal adjustment. I reckon I am in for bleeding the clutch cylinder, but not quite up tp pulling the bellhousing to check the plate, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I know if I shift and the tach is at 4K or higher, I can hear a disturbing sound, almost like bad bearings or something. Have No idea what would cause that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine does the same thing(98 V6, manual). It did it with the old clutch and it does it with the new clutch assembly(stock). To me, it seems that the more aggressive engine pulses occurring at about 3 grand feed back through the pedal when the engine decelerates. I find it more pronounced when revving higher (3,700rpm+) as well.
I have told myself that this is normal, and try to ignore it as it does not seem to get better or worse.
S

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, at least it sounds like a widespread issue and not limited to my truck alone! thanks for the input guys, and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Boheefus said:
well, at least it sounds like a widespread issue and not limited to my truck alone! thanks for the input guys, and Merry Christmas!
the clutch hydraulic system needs to be replaced every so often. If I were you, I'd go get a new master cylinder and slave cylinder, and put those on, bleed it, and see how it feels after that. Peace, Wes

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get that vibration too. I think it's a harmonic from the engine vibration. I have damped it by wrapping a strip of Auto audio damping material around the clutch pedal stem. Works quite well. Still there but not nearly as annoying.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have this same issue that you decribe. I dont recal this being a problem with my factory clutch but when I put in a new clutch (Marlin Crawler 1200lb HD) I started to notice the sort of tapping feeling on the pedal. I have called the company and between them and other research I have some things I am goign to check

1. engine mount bolts
2. bell housing bolts
3. possible flywheel out of balance (maybe from being machined smooth) or missing bolts
4. Bad throughout bearing
5. pressure plate finger runnout

maybe somewhere through all this I can track down what the issue is, but it sounds like I have the same thing you do

·
Registered
715 Posts
He may have figured it out by now close to 5 and a half years later try pming him to ask

1 - 11 of 11 Posts