TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we were able to offer the rear axle (complete drum to drum) equipped with the e-locker and 4:10 gears for around $900.00 shipped (lower 48 states) would anybody be interested?

These would be complete axles with the e-locker actuators. The only thing you would have to purchase extra would be your wiring and switch. The applications would be from the 01-04 year models, but you could make them fit the older models as well.

If there is enough interest in this we will do this deal. So post up here if you are definitely interested.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
That is a screaming good deal, y'all.
Would it come with at least the axle harness part, Shannon? Otherwise sourcing the connectors could be a PITA but they could splice into the axle harness real easy.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
wow thats so cheap, i paid 850 for mine and it was out of a j-yard with unknown mileage

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a screaming good deal, y'all.
Would it come with at least the axle harness part, Shannon? Otherwise sourcing the connectors could be a PITA but they could splice into the axle harness real easy.
Nope, no wiring would be included with that price. But wiring it should not be that difficult of a problem...as you are aware. They could even opt for the cable actuated deal from Downey if they don't want to mess with the wiring.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Look into your parts book and see what the part number is for the harness that connects to the axle. There should be something there and it shouldn't cost much for three connectors and some wire.
Most folks have had bad experence with that Downey cable thing.
I can add something to the switch write up if necessary. Still it's a good deal.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look into your parts book and see what the part number is for the harness that connects to the axle. There should be something there and it shouldn't cost much for three connectors and some wire.
Most folks have had bad experence with that Downey cable thing.
I can add something to the switch write up if necessary. Still it's a good deal.
Oh for sure, the connectors and wiring should not be a problem if people want to order that as well...I'm just saying that the $900.00 price will not include those items.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Shannon- Great Price-

Consider what you are getting guys
An ARB Locker alone costs ~$700, plus install $$$, plus Air source $$$

You are getting a complete rear axle- drum to drum-
This means new axle shafts, new bearings, new brakes, new gears.......

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
So if the spec- application is from 01-04-
That means they will set up for ABS, correct.

EDIT- This should not matter for Non-ABS- trucks since the connector/sensor could be capped or even discarded-

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So if the spec- application is from 01-04-
That means they will set up for ABS, correct.

EDIT- This should not matter for Non-ABS- trucks since the connector/sensor could be capped or even discarded-
You are correct, these will be ABS equipped axles, but as you mentioned, this will not be a problem for non-ABS equipped trucks.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts