TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the bus drivers this morning was telling me how upset he was with his Marlin Model 60 .22LR, because it quit ejecting shells. I told him that the ejector wire was probably bent and just needed tweaked. He said he'd already taken it to a gun smith about six months ago and was just going to buy a new .22 rifle and be done with it. I asked him what he was going to do with the Marlin and he said the first twenty bucks takes it; I about threw out my shoulder getting a crisp twenty dollar bill out of my wallet.

I picked it up this morning and sure enough, when I tore into it the ejector wire was bent. So I got on line and looked up the specs for the correct position of the wire and reset it to spec. I gave it a good cleaning and then took it out and ran 50 rounds through it with out a single fail to eject; twenty bucks well spent.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have a glenfield model 60 which is identical to a marlin. Grandad gave it to me when i was 4 years old. I went through the same problems with mine luckily it just a good cleaning to fix it.
probably the most accurate semi automatic .22 I have.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
The Marlin 60 is a great rifle.

I bought my first one in the early '70s, and have owned several since then.

When compared to an unaltered Ruger 10-22, the marlin will win the accuracy contest every time.

Nice find for the price, and I'm sure the "Nickle high Nickle wide" adjustment was a snap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts