TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some fender flares after getting a $101 ticket tonight from the Washington State Patrol...I am really thinking about getting the cut-out flares, because they offer the most coverage, but I'm not sure about the cutting that is required...is it hard to do?...do you have to be exact, or they wont work? Maybe the Extend-a-Fenders would be enough coverage, but I don't really know. Thanks.

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
i know warn makes flares, another option is a junkyard, someone else prb has a better answer than me on that

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
cutting is easy, I used a cutoff wheel in grinder. don't need to be exact. the cutouts basically cover my 35X12.50 tire. mounting takes awhile.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I ran 15x8's and 33x12.50's on both the 95.5 and one of the 98's I used to have. The regular bushwacker extend a fenders covered them fine. If you're running a wider tire or a 10 inch wide wheel, you'll need a wider flare.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I absolutly love my xenon flares. Mine have been ran over, slammed by a volvo, bumped off trees, removed and reinstalled and they could still shine up like new. Though I don't shine up anything on my truck lol. I don't know how thier coverage compares to the cutouts. But I think its damn close enough where cutting does'nt seem worth while to me. Personaly I don't have trouble with my 35s rubbing the flares. It was just the pinch weld, which is now bashed to hell =) Also considering you have a 3" BL right? Unless ya do a SAS I think you'd be hard pressed to rub the top of those fenders.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BMWTACO said:
I ran 15x8's and 33x12.50's on both the 95.5 and one of the 98's I used to have. The regular bushwacker extend a fenders covered them fine. If you're running a wider tire or a 10 inch wide wheel, you'll need a wider flare.
On my '96 my 31x10.50's even stuck out a little, and now that I have 12.50's it is pretty noticeable. I am running a 15x8 wheel with 3.75bs, so it sounds like the EAF's should work...Lets hope so. Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mine did stick out a little, maybe an inch and I ran a 3.75 b/s wheel on both those trucks. I actually saw my old 95.5 over the weekend. That was such a cool looking truck, I do miss it. But I sold it to buy my fj40 which I don't ever intend on parting with.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
4TACXOMA4 said:
On my '96 my 31x10.50's even stuck out a little, and now that I have 12.50's it is pretty noticeable. I am running a 15x8 wheel with 3.75bs, so it sounds like the EAF's should work...Lets hope so. Thanks.
I'm also rolling 33x12.5's on a 3.75 backspaced wheel, and I as well dont have flares but am wondering if when you get the EAF's if you'd post up how they look and how much coverage they have so I can stop procrastinating buying them, thanks a bunch man,
jamie

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
4TACXOMA4 said:
I need some fender flares after getting a $101 ticket tonight from the Washington State Patrol...I am really thinking about getting the cut-out flares, because they offer the most coverage, but I'm not sure about the cutting that is required...is it hard to do?...do you have to be exact, or they wont work? Maybe the Extend-a-Fenders would be enough coverage, but I don't really know. Thanks.
Another vote here for Xenon flares. You will cave in a fender before you break a flare.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
360 Posts
IF I run a ~2 1/4" lift + a 1" body lift and the bushwacker cut outs, can I fit 33x12.5's without rubbing?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I recently bought some bushwacker extenda fender flares from Terminator, he sold them and went to the cutouts. They looked good, and he sad the install wan't bad.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I doubt the fender flares will allow you not to scrub. I do think it will get you some extra clearance though.

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
bumpidy bump, Inquiring minds still want to know

1 - 20 of 27 Posts