TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the flares, and I have 37s waiting for a lift to be installed.
The main reason for the flares were because of a fix-it ticket.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Ohhh - so you must have some aftermarket wheels with less backspacing (cuz my 33x10.50 don't stick out past the body - and therefore my opinion on flares)

What kind of flares did you get, how does the manufacturer say to install them?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I bought them used for $75, The are painted to match my truck so I thought it was a good deal. Bushwhckers. Since they are used they dont come with anything to mount them. (Yes the tires stick out about a 1" past the fenders.)
I was hoping just to get a warning, but i got the ticket instead. So i have to fix it or pay it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have riveted bushwackers on in the past, but I would suggest something else. Theose things break if you even get close to a tree or rock.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have a set in my basement, they attach from the bottom side using the factory wheeltub screws. I tiook em off for daily use, only go on when I go in for inspection

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So would a good way be double back tape and sheetmetal screws? I was thinking about weather stripping with sheetmetal screws also.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Boheefus said:
I have a set in my basement, they attach from the bottom side using the factory wheeltub screws. I tiook em off for daily use, only go on when I go in for inspection

If I remember right they used the same screws that hold the water sheilds on in the fenders. The flares even had the holes started in them. When installed correctly you wont need tape because the screws pull the flare into the body aginst the rubber weather strip on the flare. On my 91 I had 32x11.5's with after market rims and it looked good to me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the holes dont line up right on mine, so i thought i would just put a few sheetmetal screws in each. Sound good or should i try something else?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts