TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember someone getting their dealer to replace their fender pads, or that a TSB had been issued. A search didn't reveal anything though.

My dealer is still saying it will cost a few hundred $$ to replace mine, which have really started to pull away this winter, exposing the body to the fender flare itself.

Anyone have any info? This would be for the '01 through '04 Tacomas.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Pete said:
I seem to remember someone getting their dealer to replace their fender pads, or that a TSB had been issued. A search didn't reveal anything though.

My dealer is still saying it will cost a few hundred $$ to replace mine, which have really started to pull away this winter, exposing the body to the fender flare itself.

Make : TOYOTA
Model : TACOMA
Year : 2001

Manufacturer : TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC.

Service Bulletin Num : BO00902
Date of Bulletin: APR 19, 2002

NHTSA Item Number: 634031

Component: STRUCTURE:BODY

Summary:
SOME PRERUNNERS AND 4X4S MAY EXPERIENCE A CONDITION WHERE THE RUBBER PAD BETWEEN THE FENDER FLARE AND THE BODY MAY APPEAR LOOSE. *TT

You can do a search here nhtsa TSB .

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have re-written my original post a bit.

Has anyone using the TSB managed to get free fender pads or new flares?

My dealer is still looking to charge me for the repairing of Toyota's mistakes, to the tune of over $300...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a couple of mine replaced on my 01 not sure if it was because of the TSB or warranty. There are websites where you can look up possibly print the TSB (www.alldata.com) take a copy of that to the dealer or find another dealer.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Pete said:
I should have re-written my original post a bit.

Has anyone using the TSB managed to get free fender pads or new flares?

My dealer is still looking to charge me for the repairing of Toyota's mistakes, to the tune of over $300...
They replaced mine 4 times under warranty on my '01. They never gave me any trouble about have to pay for it, they never even asked they just replaced it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was quoted $320 to replace all of mine. Picked up the seals and a drop or two of superglue later no problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The dealer replaced all four on my 01 no charge, said the glue was the cause.

01 trd v6 auto ex cab
sliders
trans cooler

Prindle 18 beach cat

·
Registered
340 Posts
Pete said:

F the stealer, use super glue.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
elgecko said:
F the stealer, use super glue.
I'm trying to F the stealer... :D

I'm going to give the glue a try though I think. The pad has shrunk by at least an inch or more, but if gluing it in place keeps the flare from chewing down through the paint I'm going to declare victory.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pete said:
I'm trying to F the stealer... :D

I'm going to give the glue a try though I think. The pad has shrunk by at least an inch or more, but if gluing it in place keeps the flare from chewing down through the paint I'm going to declare victory.
It is a little more than that, I think each flare had ~8clip and each one is about $1.80, and half of it will break when you pull off the flare, a couple on the rear flare that can salvage if you release the clip under the truck and a couple on the frt from the engine compartment.

I know that because when I purchase my 04 brand new, I have to pull it off for painting, and half of it broke off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Need to phrase this right---the rubber gasket on my truck shrunk too. I couldn't get it to stretch enough to cover the entire flare so I bought a new onefrom the stealer. And yes, I did break about half the clips. There are 2 different sizes. Just wait to see how many of each you break before you buy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts