TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my glass bedsides and fenders this weekend (hopefully) and was wondering if there are any writeups anywhere? Seems like it will be pretty straight forward, but figured I should at least read up on it before I start cutting my shit up.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I completely forgot to check TLT...thanks

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
You want some help broseph? I've done my fenders and know how to do the bedsides. I'd recommend getting some help for trimming/fitting and have 1-2 people do the bedsides simultaneously. Trimming/sanding eats up more time than you think.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Tweeter said:
You want some help broseph? I've done my fenders and know how to do the bedsides. I'd recommend getting some help for trimming/fitting and have 1-2 people do the bedsides simultaneously. Trimming/sanding eats up more time than you think.
x2... trimming/sanding takes forever, especially for people that are meticulous. wear long sleeves and gloves or you'll get itchy haha.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tweeter said:
Yeah man some help would be awesome. It all depends on what's going on these next few weeks and if I have to work weekends or not. I'll be getting the bedsides this weekend but i dont want to put them on before the fenders, and bajaconcepts doesnt have any in stock and says it will be probably 2 weeks before they get more. Hopefully i can find some other ones before then.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Juicy Jaos said:
x2... trimming/sanding takes forever, especially for people that are meticulous. wear long sleeves and gloves or you'll get itchy haha.

Yea I forgot about the long sleeves and gloves, a face mask would also be useful as well! I did my passenger side in short sleeves and was MISERABLE the rest of the day...

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
Yeah man some help would be awesome. It all depends on what's going on these next few weeks and if I have to work weekends or not. I'll be getting the bedsides this weekend but i dont want to put them on before the fenders, and bajaconcepts doesnt have any in stock and says it will be probably 2 weeks before they get more. Hopefully i can find some other ones before then.
Oh ok I thought you meant this weekend. Well if you need some help or whatever let me know, if you haven't done it before it's nice to have someone there who has to get those "popular" trimming spots.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tweeter said:
Oh ok I thought you meant this weekend. Well if you need some help or whatever let me know, if you haven't done it before it's nice to have someone there who has to get those "popular" trimming spots.
I have to work all weekend to get ready for a big inspection we have next week, but I should be around next weekend and hopefully I can find some fenders by then.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
I have to work all weekend to get ready for a big inspection we have next week, but I should be around next weekend and hopefully I can find some fenders by then.
Right on. PM'd you my number if you want any help...

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So Baja Concepts doesnt have any fenders in stock and wont have any for a couple weeks. Is there anywhere else down here in socal that carries glassworks stuff? Closest I've found is Kartek in Corona but that's a good hour+ drive at least. Is there any place down in the San Diego are that sells them?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone have pics of Glassworks 6" fenders on their truck? The guy I'm getting the bedsides from has a set already painted so I'm going to pick those up too, just hoping it won't look too wide.

Edit: Nevermind...

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
So Baja Concepts doesnt have any fenders in stock and wont have any for a couple weeks. Is there anywhere else down here in socal that carries glassworks stuff? Closest I've found is Kartek in Corona but that's a good hour+ drive at least. Is there any place down in the San Diego are that sells them?
I could pick them up from Kartek if you tell me what you want and pay me back :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Tweeter said:
Yea I forgot about the long sleeves and gloves, a face mask would also be useful as well! I did my passenger side in short sleeves and was MISERABLE the rest of the day...
a face mask is a requirement, no doubt. i used a respirator since i had one handy. i heard a good way for removing fiberglas from your skin is to rub pantyhose on yourself. i haven't tried this but i think one of the ttora members posted this info.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tweeter said:
I could pick them up from Kartek if you tell me what you want and pay me back :D
I found a set of 6" flares already painted...but I think 6" would look rediculous so I'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
I found a set of 6" flares already painted...but I think 6" would look rediculous so I'll let you know.
It wouldn't look rediculous I don't think. I run 10.5" tires on stock rims and I run the 4.5" glass and they stick out about an inch...soooo if you running 12.5" tires...I'd run 6" no doubt!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmm..we'll see. I checked out the pics of the 6" on glassworks website and the shot from the front looked rediculousy wide. It's definately going to look like shit if I put them on before the LT with the stock width. Just got a call from progressive and the new check is in the mail...so hopefully it'll be here by the weekend so I can get the LT.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Oh hell no don't put those on with stock width that'd look terrible! I would definitely wait on that!! You will thank yourself later on. I didn't even run my 4.5" with stock width I waited and was glad I did. And if for some reason you hate the 6" glass and want 4.5" I'll sell you mine for cheap I'm getting new fiberglass soon :D

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tweeter said:
Oh hell no don't put those on with stock width that'd look terrible! I would definitely wait on that!! You will thank yourself later on. I didn't even run my 4.5" with stock width I waited and was glad I did. And if for some reason you hate the 6" glass and want 4.5" I'll sell you mine for cheap I'm getting new fiberglass soon :D
I'm pretty sure I'll hate the 6"...what glass are you getting? One piece?

1 - 20 of 292 Posts