TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 reg cab and am getting ready to SAC it. im close to having all my parts but i have a few last minute questions before i buy the last details.

[1] Can the stock pitman arm on a ifs box be reused or is that TRE pressed into the arm so i would have to buy a new one. i know i would need the weld in adapter ring thing for 1 ton ends but was wondering if the pitman arm is reusable. if its not would u suggest a flat pitman arm or 3/4 less drop...

[2] What do most do for the power steering hoses going to the ifs box. can the stock lines be bent in a way to be reused? are the ends threaded the same? if not where do you buy new lines with the correct fittings.

[3] what brake lines are people using for the front. i have a two stock lines connected together in the rear but i dont think u can do that with the front so what is everyone doing with the front brake lines?

[4] Do you need to replace the ball joints on the knuckles if they are the stock ones off a J10 pickup? they are able to be moved by hand but its not like u can wiggle them around.

Thats all i can really think of right now so any input yall can give me would be great. I am a broke college student until summertime so give me the cheapest part ideas u know of while still being safe. thanks in advance
Ben

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
tacoma87 said:
I have a 98 reg cab and am getting ready to SAC it. im close to having all my parts but i have a few last minute questions before i buy the last details.

[1] Can the stock pitman arm on a ifs box be reused or is that TRE pressed into the arm so i would have to buy a new one. i know i would need the weld in adapter ring thing for 1 ton ends but was wondering if the pitman arm is reusable. if its not would u suggest a flat pitman arm or 3/4 less drop...

You can buy a new arm from sky manufacturing or get a weld in insert from FROR, but yes the stock arm is reusable with insert.

[2] What do most do for the power steering hoses going to the ifs box. can the stock lines be bent in a way to be reused? are the ends threaded the same? if not where do you buy new lines with the correct fittings.

you can make a line with earls fittings. There is a thread with the part numbers in the sas section or search the wiki

[3] what brake lines are people using for the front. i have a two stock lines connected together in the rear but i dont think u can do that with the front so what is everyone doing with the front brake lines?

connect two stock lines or buy procomp tacoma lines that include a banjo bolt fitting.

[4] Do you need to replace the ball joints on the knuckles if they are the stock ones off a J10 pickup? they are able to be moved by hand but its not like u can wiggle them around.

I'd replace them. better safe than sorry. As far as cheap parts, wait for sales, and junkyards and classified sections are your friends

Thats all i can really think of right now so any input yall can give me would be great. I am a broke college student until summertime so give me the cheapest part ideas u know of while still being safe. thanks in advance
Ben

answers in bold

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so on the brakes u can connect two stock lines????thats good to know. i was banking on replacing the ball joints but was hoping not to..anyone got part numbers on these things from napa or advance or auto zone. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
CronusTRD said:
connect two stock lines or buy procomp tacoma lines that include a banjo bolt fitting.
Any way you could get me a part number? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

~Miguel

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Miguel said:
Any way you could get me a part number? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

~Miguel

All I know is they are the Procomp brake lines for a 4" lift tacoma.

edit:

Pro Comp Toyota Brake Lines Line
Manufacturer: Explorer Pro Comp

96-98 4wd Tacoma

Internet Part #EXP7213

$84.99

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have the same truck as you, stock lines work beautifully unless you add a cooler like i did, then you need some more low pressure p.s. line but it is no big deal at all. For brake lines i bought some from fror but they were too short so I had to get extensions to add to them. For a pitman arm, not trying to sell my shit but I have a stock pitman arm w/a insert from fror welded in it if you want to buy it. I also have a pair of stock brake lines if you want to buy them, just send me a pm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts