TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys keep your cornerlights secured with your fiberglass? Mine rattles hard cuz ive got ESB mounts (which shakes the whole truck).

I still have the stock clips but right now theyre attached with just the top screw. Searched the site but couldnt find anything, figured the LT section would have more fiberglass owners than the regular Exterior section.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Most people that I know put a small screw thru the side of the frame where the trim is. I am acctually going to be doing this tomorrow because I lost a light on the last trip out.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
JaiRook said:
How do you guys keep your cornerlights secured with your fiberglass? Mine rattles hard cuz ive got ESB mounts (which shakes the whole truck).

I still have the stock clips but right now theyre attached with just the top screw. Searched the site but couldnt find anything, figured the LT section would have more fiberglass owners than the regular Exterior section.

thanks guys.
i actually drilled holes in teh back of the light to accept saftey wire on mine, worked really well actually. or you can counter sink two screws into teh sides, or you can glue them in using some kind of epoxy.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I actually just fit my fiberglass well enough so they fit in the stock locations. I used epoxy and zip ties to secure it into place though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where are you guys wrapping the wire/zip ties to?

I'm looking at my stock cornerlights and theres this place you can drill and use to tie down...i've got clear corners on my truck, its late, and im not sure if the rear housing is the same.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am running glassworks front glass and my corners lined up great also. I snapped the tab that goes over the top of the headlight and holds a screw.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tweeter said:
I actually just fit my fiberglass well enough so they fit in the stock locations. I used epoxy and zip ties to secure it into place though.

do you guys suggest i trim my fiberglass to fit my corner light housing? Theres a pretty good gap...about a 1/4 of an inch. I'll take pics later.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
JaiRook said:
do you guys suggest i trim my fiberglass to fit my corner light housing? Theres a pretty good gap...about a 1/4 of an inch. I'll take pics later.
Don't take out too much or there will be a gap when your corner light DOES fit. Just do a little :saw: at a time. I can snap a pic of my zip tie creation, it's pure genius!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Tweeter
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing