TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who is your preference for Fiberglass Fenders?

Pics/Legitamite Opinions would be appreciated.

I know of the following:

Boatec (No idea on $)
Glassworks Unlimited $345
AOR4x4 $285
Hanneman (No Idea on $)
Downey ($290)

Am I missing any other brands?

Right now I'm leaning towards AOR.

I'm not looking for an extreme Flare or Bulge from Stock, just something to cover my 35's a little better and offer more clearance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I dont have any experience with any of the company's but on a Ford board where i post questions about my Stang, Glassworks Unlimited were highly praised if it helps with your choice any.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Over at YotaTech there's a recent thread on fiberglass (Downey vs. GlassWorks vs. Hanneman) - with pics and comments from those who've owned 'em. Check it out...

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking for something more Tacoma Specific

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah i figured but quality would be good on them if thats what your wondering.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Ted said:
Check my pics out, I have Glassworks.
Ted,

Your truck looks great. Long travel is awesome. Do you have issues with your long travel as far as drivability and realibility. Can you acutally take it to someone to get alined or do you have to do it yourself? I think I met you at takeover.

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
Super Doody said:
Ted,

Your truck looks great. Long travel is awesome. Do you have issues with your long travel as far as drivability and realibility. Can you acutally take it to someone to get alined or do you have to do it yourself? I think I met you at takeover.
It alineds to spec. The first aligment was perfect. I just replaced my inner tie rod, so it needs to be aligned again. I'll let you know it goes in a few weeks. It really drives nice, the wider stance makes it more stable. Which really makes it nice in off camber stuff.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
jzaiden said:
Glass Works are by far the best fitting fenders out there. There quality and fit is my first choice.

Don't forget you get 10% off all products at http://www.Camburg.com

Here is the Glassworks installed on our Tacoma.

How much more coverage than stock do you get with the biggest Glassworks?

Anyone know which fibregalss fender gives the most coverage?

·
Registered
276 Posts
The fenders on our truck are the 4.5" fenders. They are a very good choice if you go regular suspension on Longtravel. Glassworks also makes a 3.5" flare as well but I really like these new 4.5" ones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put a set of Glassworks unlimited front fenders on my 96 taco, and let me tell ya they fit like shit. I grinded on them for at least two hours just to get them to fit. I know fiberglass stuff just doesnt fit, but come on, the set I got wasnt even close. I heard from lots of people that glassworks makes the best stuff, they look like they where made pretty burly. Just be prepared to do some griding and your gona have to add some fiberglass too just make them fit nice.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Ted said:
It alineds to spec. The first aligment was perfect. I just replaced my inner tie rod, so it needs to be aligned again. I'll let you know it goes in a few weeks. It really drives nice, the wider stance makes it more stable. Which really makes it nice in off camber stuff.

Thats cool. I have carmburg UCAs and Dr. its alinged but not completely back to stock. Toe and camber is dead on but caster is little off...but its a give and tack between caster and camber.

I been thinking about long travel. Just when you think you ran out of stuff to do. Was like 4 to 5 grand total for everything including longer leaf pack and fenders?

Yeah I met you at the pizza place. Remember that dumb waitress that open the door and we got all kinds of bugs in our pizza. :D

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
jzaiden said:
The fenders on our truck are the 4.5" fenders. They are a very good choice if you go regular suspension on Longtravel. Glassworks also makes a 3.5" flare as well but I really like these new 4.5" ones.

Whats difference between your LT kit and total chaos' kit?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Super Doody said:
Boxed lower (arm is made of 4130 plasma'd), shock tab placement, and air bumps. Chaos tubular lower, and dual shock tabs. Both are for 2 adn 4wd

New Camburg kit was said to be a dual shock. Chaos and Camburg are both high quality kits.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Super Doody said:
The Camburg kit.
Boxed lower arm, Uni ball lower pivots ( not bushings), CNC billet lower ball joint mount, all 17-4 stainless steel parts for the uniballs, 1 piece 17-4 uniball adapter, 1 1/2" tube for the upper arms.
Bottom line the parts we use in our kit will cost us around $300 more than the way the other kit is. The price of our kit is about the same to you.

Both kits are great kits ours is a better deal. You get more and it costs about the same.

WITH 4X4

·
Registered
8 Posts
SilverTaco said:
I dont have any experience with any of the company's but on a Ford board where i post questions about my Stang, Glassworks Unlimited were highly praised if it helps with your choice any.
hey arn't they the guys who made the glassback '05 mustang gt?

those look sick, but i'd want something more tacoma-specific if you know what i mean. their fiberglass fenders look pretty good though. wonder how they hold up.

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
Super Doody said:
Thats cool. I have carmburg UCAs and Dr. its alinged but not completely back to stock. Toe and camber is dead on but caster is little off...but its a give and tack between caster and camber.

I been thinking about long travel. Just when you think you ran out of stuff to do. Was like 4 to 5 grand total for everything including longer leaf pack and fenders?

Yeah I met you at the pizza place. Remember that dumb waitress that open the door and we got all kinds of bugs in our pizza. :D

These trucks can be money pits :) That waitress was clueless.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts