TTORA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got this off old school forums. If this is what we have to look forward to with private ORV parks, it just goes to show how important it is that we do everything we can to keep what little public land we have left open. Including Tellico.

Membership by invitation only.
Proof of personal health insurance.
Required donation. Funny. Understandable though, in that it keeps them non-profit.

Anywho let alone I dont want to deal with this crap as a wheeler, there probably arent alot of people that want to deal with it as a landowner, so Im not expecting private ORVs to pop-up and save us if there owners have to jump through these kinds of hoops. These guys arent even making any money out of it.

http://www.oldschooloffroad.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1823

2007 Getting more organized
Our city is growing and so are the challenges with the property. The everlasting concern is the problem with neighbors and complaints about noise etc. They are concerned that the peoperty is developed to a commercial park where there will be a lot of drinking and driving.

Taxes are going up a lot and as a result we have restructured the whole property. For 2007 there will be a number of changes:

1. I am starting Blackmoose LLC and the LLC will lease the property from EcoPark. This allows us to get around the problems of use and the need to be zoned commercially. (Note, the club is not for profit. The goal is to break even and mainly pay for the taxes and the expenses of keeing the park open.)
2. There will be a membership to give full access to the property. The memebership will be invitation only. Each member will have the liability and responsibility for any guest the member brings in.
3. To ride, you will have to have proof of personal health insurance
4. The day donation will be raised from $20 to $30.
5. There will be a few selected invitations posted on oldschool.
6. If you want to organize a ride, 10 vehicles will open the park just for you. Send me an e-mail and request a date for your ride. If the park is open, you're in.
7. Strict inspection of vehicles. Safety belts, good mufflers etc. are a MUST.

There are a lot of eyes on the property and word gets around. It is up to everyone's responsibility and care to keep park open. By being responsible, we will not have problems with county or neighbors.

The property is patrolled by a Sherriff on a regular basis. The DNR is also patrolling and looking out for poachers, and trespassers.

I HAVE TO MAKE SURE NOBODY GETS HURT, NO TRESPASSING, AND NO STUPIDITY THAT WILL LEAD TO LAWSUITS OR ACCIDENTS LEAVING THE PROPERTY. ONE MORE PROBLEM WITH THE COUNTY, THE PARK IS SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD. I HAVE OT PROTECT MYSELF.

Thanks for everyone's understanding.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts