TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many have contemplated doing an oil filter relocation so hopefully this helps others as well. I am planning on installing the Amsoil dual filter kit. Since our engine bays are pretty crowded already(V6 engines at least) I don’t know where would be a good place to install the filters. For those of you that already installed the Amsoil kit (or any relocation kit for that matter) where is the best spot for it on our Tacos. If you have pictures that would be great, but a brief description would help as well. Thanks in advanced.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
DCabTaco said:
I know many have contemplated doing an oil filter relocation so hopefully this helps others as well. I am planning on installing the Amsoil dual filter kit. Since our engine bays are pretty crowded already(V6 engines at least) I don’t know where would be a good place to install the filters. For those of you that already installed the Amsoil kit (or any relocation kit for that matter) where is the best spot for it on our Tacos. If you have pictures that would be great, but a brief description would help as well. Thanks in advanced.
Ive heard of people relocating their filter either under the battery tray or under the drivers seat near the frame rail. It also might be a good idea to get custom hydralic lines made since that they are far stronger that those crappy hose clamp type. Check out www.gadgetonline.com and see if there is any info there.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
DCabTaco said:
there are a couple of kits out there but each of them has gotten lousy reviews from what I've read here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts