TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided to finally go ahead and buy some parts!

Going to be camburg 2.5s up front and either a new leaf pack from deaver or blocks (might get blocks, as im not sure if i want to lower my tow rating)

Anyway, the reason for my post, i was looking to see if there was acouple of people around to give me a hand, as id rather get some help and do it myself, then have a shop do it. Itll be a learning experiance for me, as ive only done a couple of spacer lifts on 2nd gen tacos and have never done a tundra at all...

anyway, if anyone wants to help me deal with it, id greatly appriaciate it...

Im located right in ft myers (lehigh acres) So if theres anyone close...

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Very cool man! I am going to do the same on my 01 DC here very soon! I'd love to help but I am up in jacksonville. I know there are some guys down there who will post up though!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, in the next 2-3 weeks, ill need to take a day or 2 off from work, so i have time to work out the little things (you know, re tightening bolts, alignment, blah blah...so once i get the parts in, ill go from there and keep you posted

·
Registered
963 Posts
How's the tool situation over there? Do you have a good selection? how about air tools? Just wondering if I need to bring anything.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i usually use my buddies shop, so hes pretty well off, but it wouldnt hurt to bring something you think we will need :) but i did the spacer lifts with his tools, so just a CO swap should be alot easier.

where are you located chaz?

·
Registered
151 Posts
well i usually use my buddies shop, so hes pretty well off, but it wouldnt hurt to bring something you think we will need :) but i did the spacer lifts with his tools, so just a CO swap should be alot easier.

Does your buddy have a cutter and welder at the shop?? I need to chop my body mounts and I can come help and get it all done...My rents live in Bonita and I'm over there every month or so to visit...If you want to do this next week or the weekend after let me know and more than likely I can make it...Reason I ask about the cutter and welder is I was going up to Tampa at some pt. this month to have them done, but if I can get it done (or do it myself) somewhere closer it will be that much easier...Knock out your lift first then hack these shits off!! PM your number and let me know...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Does your buddy have a cutter and welder at the shop?? I need to chop my body mounts and I can come help and get it all done...My rents live in Bonita and I'm over there every month or so to visit...If you want to do this next week or the weekend after let me know and more than likely I can make it...Reason I ask about the cutter and welder is I was going up to Tampa at some pt. this month to have them done, but if I can get it done (or do it myself) somewhere closer it will be that much easier...Knock out your lift first then hack these shits off!! PM your number and let me know...
Why are you going all the way to Tampa? There has to be some shop down there that can do it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Why are you going all the way to Tampa? There has to be some shop down there that can do it.
There really aren't many shops down here for this stuff that do real mods...All the shops are mainly mall crawler specials...I've seen some FJ's who have had their mounts chopped at some of the local shops and if I told you the jobs were hack jobs that would be a compliment to the guy who did them...There is a fab. guy I use who knows what he's doing, but he's not cheap...I wheel in Tampa every 5-6 wks. anyways so I figured I'd just go up there and get them done and wheel all in the same weekend...I think Chaz has a cutter, but not a welder??

·
Registered
963 Posts

Right across the state from you, Boca Raton.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not recalling seeing a welder or a cutter, but ill call him and ask for sure. Ill keep everyone posted coz i still have to get the parts and all, im still contemplating whether or not to get new control arms with the camburgh COs (if i do, do you think we can do them ourselves? haha)

i still have to make the xfer from my savings account to my checking. So ill put my order in to wheelers next week, and have them around the end of that week to the next week! GOSH im excited!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay i ordered the parts, and the dude at wheelers say they will be here next week (bummer) and my buddy said i can use the shop whenever...so once i get the parts, ill make a date from there. (Which will more then likely be that weekend).

If anyone wants to help Chaz, Wes, and I. Let me know!

·
Registered
963 Posts
For a limited time only! I have one (1) seat available (round trip) for that special person that would like to lend a helping hand installing Luke's lift.

·
Registered
151 Posts
For a limited time only! I have one (1) seat available (round trip) for that special person that would like to lend a helping hand installing Luke's lift.
When is this happening?? I'll be in Tampa for the next 2 weekends....

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm booked for the next month or so of weekends. Had a small leak in the plumbing(shower head) in my master bath that finally reared it ugly head last night forcing me to tear out all the tile and drywall in there today. So seems I'll be replacing all that over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha chaz, youre funny, yeah we are shooting for the 28th (saturday)

so yeah, if anyone else wants in....?! FREE BEER! (shit shouldnt have said that!)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wes' garage is good to go (as long as they dont have too meny customer cars torn apart, which is highly unlikely!)

So yes, next weekend is a big green light! :D

·
Registered
963 Posts
Luke, I asked if we can do this on a Saturday, I totally went brain dead before my last post. Kyle works on Saturday so, it looks like my seat is still open.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts