TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, this is Wheelie_Pete (same as the other boards)

Sold my '85 Rock buggy Project Blu which you may have seen on the boards (see avatar) and bought a 2001 Tacoma SR5 V6 Ex-Cab. (Finally got fed up with no AC and anemic 4cyl) :rolleyes: Got a smokin' deal on the truck, but it has auto trans, no biggie, at least the wife can drive this one.

Any way, good to be here.

Couple questions:

Stupid automatic hubs on this truck, this is the ADD, correct? Any other options besides Downey for a locking hub conversion? (I don't have time to go to the boneyard and piece it together so complete conversions are what I'm looking for.)

Does Aussie make a locker for the 2001 Tacoma V6 rear?

Since I'm new to automatic transmissions, can I get a 1" body lift for this truck? (Need to bend up and weld on some sliders) If I can get a 1" BL, how much of a headache is the linkage for the auto going to be.

Any way, I sold this buggy, then bought the Taco. (Just got to the point where I needed a good daily driver that I could also do some mild wheeling. I've pretty much got the hard-core wheeling out of my system after a lot of years of hard wrenching and wheeling. Now I just want to build a mild, yet capable wheeler.)

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
good to have ya. I followed your build on blu over on pirate. It was a sweet truck

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
this folder is more for welcoming. If you want answers to those questions, post them in the folder below this one called the Newbie Tech. I promise you if you use the search button, you will find the answers to those questions.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
ps, do you mind saying how much you got the truck for w/ how much mileage?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No prob,

49,250 miles $15,000 Private party off of Craigslist. Truck pretty much has every option except the e-locker. (No ABS either-which is fine by me because I really didn't want to deal with it as this will eventually get all chopped up into a wheeler down the road in about 60 months or so :wink: "

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good to have ya. I followed your build on blu over on pirate. It was a sweet truck
It was a ton of fun, but 4RnrRick and I are best friends from way back, and we kept egging each other on in what we called the modification "cold-war", well, he finally won the cold war with project Quasimodo. Then he went and bought a big dodge and a trailer. I just couldn't personally justify buying a big-ass dodge and trailer, and couple that with the fact that all the local wheeling had totally lost it's appeal (once your locked and linked and flat-bellied things just don't seem that challenging any more) I was ready to get out of the buggy and get something that I could drive in comfort and with A/C.

Blu went to a good home locally. The first weekend the new owner had it he rolled it 3/4 of the way over in a rock quarry he owns. I was informed that the cage work did it's job perfectly, that they just winched it the rest of the way over back onto the rubber and fired it up and kept going. No dents in the sheetmetal, no dents in the cage, all occupants safe. That made me smile. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts