TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally put my 32" BFG AT/KO's on in time for the snow! Tried them out on the way to gas and they are awesome! While other cars and suv's were slippin and slidin on the road, my family and I were just putting along. I was following a small suv for about 10 minutes going up the hill to my neighborhood, he was fish tailing all the way up while he was trying to get a grip of the road. Getting the tacoma 2 yrs ago was a blessing in disguise!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Glad yer enjoying yer new shoes!

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
not to slam the tires or anything (cause I have heaps of praise for them as well), but driving style, and understanding of your trucks reactions in the snow are really why you did not fish tail. You keep a lighter foot, you don't slide. The guy in front of you probably was a little too heavy on it.

If you haven't already you should hit an empty parking lot with snow on it, and learn how your truck handles in and out of 4wheel drive, in slides, etc.. Not to mention that's really fun. The thing to watch out for is, sliding sideways into a patch of high traction.. if you have enough momentum, over you go.. so watch out for that.

Also if you are automatic, and you try to stop, but just slide, take your truck outta drive and into N. Even when you aren't pushing the gas pedal torque is still getting to the wheels. just FYI.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice! I still need to get used to this snow and black ice driving.

·
Registered
185 Posts
dign_in said:
Finally put my 32" BFG AT/KO's on in time for the snow! Tried them out on the way to gas and they are awesome! While other cars and suv's were slippin and slidin on the road, my family and I were just putting along. I was following a small suv for about 10 minutes going up the hill to my neighborhood, he was fish tailing all the way up while he was trying to get a grip of the road. Getting the tacoma 2 yrs ago was a blessing in disguise!
I got a new set of BFG A/T's this year too & I can't say enought good things about them. I was up in Northern Michigan "breaking them in" on deep snow covered two tracks & they were going places I could only dream about going in my old stock Dunlops.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I've heard more good than bad about the BFG AT's. I was contemplating getting them siped, but I'm not sure how much they would cost. Besides, they're already factory siped. What do you run your psi for daily driving? And what psi for the snow?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have them at 35 psi front & rear, and am still experimenting with different pressures. The psi is a little high but I am all about getting the best mpg I can. I didn't drop the pressure at all in the snow....didn't need to.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I had a set of 32x11.5 bfg a/t's and loved them other than the fact that they didn't clear out offroad very well. Great on road and never truly let me down. When i geared i went up to 33x12.5 mt/r's and love those more but still have respect for the a/t's. Nice choice for sure!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Uneasy Rider, you should try lowering your rear tires a bit, at least for a tank or 2 if you haven't before.

I think you'll find your mileage will barely change but you'll get a big improvement in ride quality and the bonus will be a bit more traction due to a slightly larger contact patch.

I run 28 psi in back and even with that it still looks like there is a very small contact patch, with the edges of the tire hanging in the air a bit.

With the BFG A/T, at least on the road, 32 for the front and 28 in back has worked well for me.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
dign_in said:
Congrats on your new meets. I just got rid of my stock bfgs for some dualer revos and those kickass.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
have any pics of your truck with the dueler revo's on? I'm looking to get a set soon. I have also heard great things about the BFG's, most people who own them swear by them...good purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts