TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, it is about time. i purchased a new camera and took a few photos over the weekend.

i have been a part of ttora for a while and this is the first time i have posted pics of my truck......1990 x-cab, e lockers, 529s, 4.7 single case, and tons of fun.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
So this is what one of my friends was talking about....

He was telling me there was an early 90's ex-cab, white, with a black bed that was bobbed running around Denver one day.

Nice truck man, i like it!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I was curious about those shackles. Are they true orbit eyes or the company that bought them out. ( I know they are the same design but just curious)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they are the creeper shackles by trail gear. the only company that i could find with the option for leaf springs for a reasonable price. that is the first time i have ran that set up. so far, so good. certainly helps with a 121 inch wheel base..............

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Alcan bought the rights or patent or whatever for Orbit Eyes from Advance Off Road (AOR). Looks like the patent must have expired as Trailmart has the Creeper shackle and Deaver has the Bajabushing now.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
they are the creeper shackles by trail gear. the only company that i could find with the option for leaf springs for a reasonable price. that is the first time i have ran that set up. so far, so good. certainly helps with a 121 inch wheel base..............
I've got the same shackle hangers at home, just need to be welded on.

Nice rig!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Man you are lucky then. (Or maybe I am unlucky) My all pro springs de-arched in less than a year!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love it!!... Definitely got a thing for bobbed beds on the xtra cabs!

Someone around here has a red mid 90's with a bobbed bed.. its rough around the edges but still a super sweet little truck. It was parked outside my office window a few times last week, downtown. Kept meaning to grab a pic.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that is my neighbor and wheeling buddy. that sas and bob was just finished a few weeks ago. there are a few kinks to work out but that rig will be serious soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
that is my neighbor and wheeling buddy. that sas and bob was just finished a few weeks ago. there are a few kinks to work out but that rig will be serious soon.
Soon? Looked pretty serious already.. definitely liked it. I'm such a sucker for bobbed beds. His sliders look like they were added a little too late though. ;)

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Saw your truck at around 78th and Wadsworth today, at about 5:30 am I believe?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts