TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally after only a mild case of frostbite i have got my 2 inch toytec lift on. now gota it aligned...then install the sliders!

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after alighnment maybe... drove up/down my road and it had a funny shake/noise on front end...could this be caused by improper toe in? i kno nothing about alignment but hope it will fix the noise and loose feeling. i will put it back in air 2mro and check tightness on everything(coulda missed something).....any more ideas?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Could be alignment im sure everything got tweaked because of lift. Im sure lift will cause truck to have different feel. Could be as simple as cold tires. My swampers feel like they are square until they warm up

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont think it is b/c theyre cold....would cv joints be binding in 2wd?

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as far as i can see they are not....i will elevate whole truck 2mro and put in gear to see where noise and shake is coming from......and i wont stand in front in case it falss off stands!!!!

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx! will check all bolts 2mro and make an appt for the alignment....

·
4,068 Posts
Just get an alignment as soon as you get a chance. After you drive a few days check to make sure everything is still tightened. You shouldn't have any cv issues with only 2" of lift, esp. at ride height (full droop or stuff would be max cv angle). You would be able to tell if they were binding.

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
def think it is alignment. called local shop and explained the lift, thinks there new machine can get the job done....also found a torn cv boot...easy fix?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had to do the boots on my 4Runner and went with the downey high clearance boots. They are nice.

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BSTOCOOL : did you drive yours at all before alignment after spacer install? just hoping the alignment is the fix.... also, give me your 33s....lol!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
BSTOCOOL : did you drive yours at all before alignment after spacer install? just hoping the alignment is the fix.... also, give me your 33s....lol!!!
I drove it just to the alignment shop. I did not notice much, but it is only a mile from my house. I like the tires, but go 12.50 when you buy tires.:2cents:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts