TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been watching this forum since September when I bought my 96 Tacoma. I am a believer. I have been born into wreching on Chevy's since I can remember. For the least 2 years I have my Blazer
and my 88 toyota 2 wheel drive 22re no options bat mobile. Needless to say as soon as I bought my 88 with 100k on it i quit driving my blazer almost entirely except when i went to town and wanted to look pretty. At 30mpg and never questioned its integrity (didn't trust my chevy(1996) for doing anything more than 300 miles away because something always broke (mind u 126K)) it was my favorite truck, though the girls thought i was a minimalist and cheap for driving it and not 4wd was disconcerning because i have a propensity for going places a none 4wd shouldn't, thus I was dying for a Taco. I finally bucked up, sold my pretty chevy and began a quest for a Taco. I lucked out in Sept and found a front end total that I rebuilt (sorry pre digital camera). Then I made the mistake of wheeling it and finding this website, needless to say I like to customize things (ie my other pig '02 426(450 big bore and trixs
and so I had to do some things. As of yesterday I am done. Pro-offroad rear bumper and watching the junk yards for a TRD rear locker on the wish list but happy where i sit now. Thus this pre pic of just driver with Full K&N, Full flowmaster, and freshly tuned motor kicking my chevy's ass in power, reliability, and gas mileage at 160K.(5spd 3.4L V6 fyi)

I had to weld up a bracket for the skit plate because the stock mount had been removed in the rebuilt cuzit f-ed up.

here it is with the budbuilt skid plate and refurbished herculined bumper with new LED turn signals.
and last the revtek 3 inch lift, i also added fresh tires and rims
not the greatest lift pic, but i can tell lol, clearance is great, would have a better pic but its 5 degress outside and i was freezing my ass off. Anywho, thankyou to all the posters and information on this site. I LOVE MY TACOMA! Great snow rig, better hunting rig, best beer drinking wheeling rig ever! Oh, and yah I didn't block out my plates, only state in the Union that will make custom plates like that lol. But yes, that's my legal name! Cheers. Wood

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Chris, what is the doohickey that was on the drivers side of the new rear sump oil pan that we put on Chris Corleys truck yesterday? He has the four popper.
There were no wires or connector but from where it was located it looked to be like some kind of dummy oil level sensor thingahmajigger.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Yeah, this was more than a simple cover though. It was an aluminum cast piece that was plugged with what looked to be epoxy while the piece itself and the socket for it on the oil pan was keyed. At lot of money to spend for a simple plug.
Some friggin Toy expert you turned out to be. Now it's your duty to find out for me. LOL

·
Registered
533 Posts
valkyrie said:
Wait till the boy scouts zero in on that... :rolleyes:

Good job on your rig!

In Montana the boy scouts drink and drive, swear, spit, and chase down girl scouts to steal cookies.

Nice truck, Have I seen that bike at the burnt timber X-country race?

·
Registered
680 Posts
valkyrie said:
Wait till the boy scouts zero in on that... :rolleyes:

Good job on your rig!
I wondered how long it would take some one to say something about that. get ready set back and enjoy the show.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
nice save!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts